Bitsetting on Samsung TS-H552U doesn't work

T33

Hi,

It seems to me that bitsetting for the Samsung TS-H552U (Firmware U07) doesn't work as it should in Imgburner. The book type is set to DVD-ROM for all types of media according to the Change Book Type page in IB but if I burn an iso to a DVD+R they are still reported as DVD+R after the burn. If I do the same in Nero it is reported correctly as a DVD-ROM...

Am I doing something wrong here or is there a workaround?

Samsung drives are a pain in the arse and their bitsetting commands are useless!

I ordered a Samsung drive especially for implementing the bitsetting stuff that you see in the program today - trouble is, there is no way (or at least there wasn't back then) any way to find out the current setting.

The whole thing was such a mess I kinda gave up on it. However, it DID work (even if there was no feedback in the 'Current Setting' field) on the drive that I'd purchased.

It's quite possible Samsung have sorted out the commands now and as such, my code is now wrong.

I have even less use for another samsung drive now (I already have a cupboard full of drives) so I'm very reluctant to buy another one so I can update / fix anything, sorry.

Best I can do is dig out my samsung, update it's firmware and see if / how things have progressed.

Hi,

It seems to me that bitsetting for the Samsung TS-H552U (Firmware U07) doesn't work as it should in Imgburner. The book type is set to DVD-ROM for all types of media according to the Change Book Type page in IB but if I burn an iso to a DVD+R they are still reported as DVD+R after the burn. If I do the same in Nero it is reported correctly as a DVD-ROM...

Am I doing something wrong here or is there a workaround?

it may not be supported in IMGburn for your particular model drive ,I have an Nec 3500 and theres an NEC tab in IMGburn but its not supported by my firmware .I did some looking with Google and there are a lot of unhappy owners of that drive, bitsetting was only supported by Nero/Pinnacle and lots of media compatibility issues and playback issuues

LIGHTNING UK!,

Thanks you for your quick answer, yes you are right it seems like it is a mess. I have tried with several Bitsetting/Booktype tools but they all say that the drive does not support bitsetting (or the tool doesn't support the drive).

However there are 2 burning programs that accept Booktype changes...Nero and ImgBurner...however as mentioned only Nero actually works but if my memory don't fail me it used to work in IB to.

I'm happy for all the help I could get in this matter since Nero doesn't support DL in the same excellent way as IB does and for CloneDVD DL images Nero is no option AFAIK.

[EDIT]

I can now confirm that it works in the older FW rev U06 even with IB! :)

Edited by T33

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.