Weirdness in Read Speed (Audio) settings

ManFromAustin

I have been using both ImgBurn v2.5.1.0 and v2.5.1.0 (because sometimes v2.5.1.0 gets stuck when analyzing tracks in read mode - thanks for fixing that bug btw in v2.5.2.0 :rolleyes: ). Yesterday, I updated ImgBurn v2.5.1.0 to the latest version.

The latest version behaves strangely when dealing with audio CDs in read mode. Here are some actual results in response to various settings for Read Speed (Audio):

4x: 4x (you ask for it, you get it)

8x: Avg rate: 3.8x; Max rate: 4.2x; Length: 39:19:58

12x: Avg rate: 5.7x; Max rate: 7.7x; Length: 35:57:62

16x: Avg rate: 6.1x; Max rate: 8.6x; Length: 40:53:25

16x: Avg rate: 6.1x; Max rate: 8.6x; Length: 41:34:00

16x: Avg rate: 5.7x; Max rate: 8.2x; Length: 44:47:20

18x: Avg rate: 6.2x; Max rate: 8.8x; Length: 44:47:20

20x: Avg rate: 9.6x; Max rate: 15.0x; Length: 39:19:58

24x: Avg rate:10.4x; Max rate: 15.0x; Length: 39:19:58

Could you explain these results?

By the way, previous versions would give me somewhat similar results, for example, 8x would give me 4x but at 12x, I would get an average read rate of around 7.5x, which I would settle for in copying my audio CDs.

By the way, I have two Lite-On iHAS424-98 optical drives which I found out after the fact are actually rebadged Optiarc AD-7240S :angry:

Peace.

Hmmm... interesting.

I've burned about 100 audio CDs recently with v2.5.1.0 and v2.5.0.0. I've been keeping track of my statistics and I've consistently got an average read rate of about 7.5x at 12x :'( I never checked my actual read rate at higher settings.

I'm confused but I'll check reads at faster settings just for the hell of it with the older versions.

Regardless of what I find though, do you have any ideas why my hardware is so unresponsive to changes in the audio read setting?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked over my read results more closely and I realized that the behavior I described as being different in earlier versions was incorrect. I still find this read behavior a bit strange or maybe better said inconsistent. I'm thinking it's behavior generally associated with CAV drives since the average read speed tends to increase with the size of the image.

I'm sorry for confusing the issue.

Peace.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.