Am I here at the right place?

Alessandro

Hello everybody,

I probably have the most stupid question of all newbies at this forum.

I have an image file (well, quite a lot of different movies actually) that I want to burn on a DVD.

Am I here at the right place? Can ImgBurn convert the img file so that it can be burnt? And how do I start?

You see, I really don't have a clue so I hope anyone can help me.

(This is is last stupid question I'll ask, I promise)

yes imgburn can burn your img. files :)

just load imgburn on your pc and navigate to the img file/s , no need to convert, you can even queue the files.

take a look here http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=930,

just make sure your media is good.

any problems , feel free to ask

welcome to the imgburn support forums

It worked! Although somehow my mediaplayers stop working when they're playing the DVD, at least I can see the menu and see that it created the audio and video file.

But the MDS file, what is that exactly? Is it necessary to burn that as well? I've been searching the forum, but can't really find what it is.

The film stopping could be a media problem, if you post a log of a burn we can take a look.

You should be using Power dvd of media player CLASSIC (not wmp) to view your discs using daemon mounted images

the mds file contains information about the layer break for dual layer burning , if you are using single layer you dont have to use it, but if you choose the mds , your iso /img will still be burned.

Just to add, the MDS (if you have one) is a small "instruction" file that contains all the info about your ISO file including the layer break info as mentioned by corny.

If you have one of these (MDS) it is allways best to choose it for the burn, the MDS itself is not burnt, it just "tells" the software what to burn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.