Verbs Top Of The Heap ?

kevdriver

know where anybody can find a misplaced pallet of tyg01's?

I have about 15 non-hub printable TYG01's left, and have quit using them and started hording them ever since my online media shop quite getting them in. My favorites are definately TYG02's though, extremely consistent.

I find it hard to believe that they still think PVC is still top drawer even though it's been discontinued for 3 years. I'm sure it was the shit back in the 1-2.4X days, but has it even been tested on new drives to any extent? Don't recommend anything that isn't available anymore IMO. What will I have to drink? How about a New Coke LOL

• 2 weeks later...

The Taiyos are pretty pricey out this a way. I'd use them for real important stuff like data backup. The Verbs suit me to a T for DVD Vid.

And, of course, I only use Verbs for DL.

Warning: If you use Nero, the media won't matter - Ner0 will find a way to fuck it up for you. :D But, unless yer a spy, what you doing here if you like Ner0?

Regards

Edited by blutach

• 2 weeks later...

I was just visiting OFFICE DEPOT and I saw Verbs on sale but on the side it made reference to AZO Dye can it be that Verbatim is going to abandon MCC and cheap out like everyone else, anybody know anything

I was just visiting OFFICE DEPOT and I saw Verbs on sale but on the side it made reference to AZO Dye can it be that Verbatim is going to abandon MCC and cheap out like everyone else, anybody know anything

I have Verbatim discs made by MCC and Taiyo Yuden that declare themselves "AZO+" - I don't think it it any way means they are lower quality.

any scans available? I would really like to know if these are excellent blanks because Office Depot has spindles of 100 for $23 an unbelievable price :thumbup:

Below is a scan of a recent burn of a Verbatim "AZO+" 16x DVD+R Printable. They are excellent Made in Taiwan discs and carry the MCC 004 media code.

If you are looking at 16x DVD+Rs then 100 for $23 looks an excellent price. However if they are called "Pearl White" they are using CMC Magnetics dye which is only average. Also make sure they say "Made in Taiwan" on the packaging. If they are "Made in India" they will also not be as good.

liteondvdrwshm165p6sms0p23july2006mcc004zj3.png

any scans available? I would really like to know if these are excellent blanks because Office Depot has spindles of 100 for $23 an unbelievable price :thumbup:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=542

all the verbs here plus all the dual layer discs i have tested are advanced azo/+ :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.