newbie. dvd on HD, can i use ImgBurn to write it? vob files,etc.

dkita

I'm having problems burning a backup DVD using DVDShrink (which uses Nero) which hangs in the early part of writing the CD. Have a sony dvd writer and used their dvd drivecheck tool and sending doc to them but in meantime wanted to try ImgBurn to write the dvd image I have on my harddrive (vob files) but it doesn't look like it will burn those file types.? I have been able to write a dvd using nero vision express but from wmv files. Haven't figured out how to use Nero directly to write an existing dvd image from my HD.

I'm having problems burning a backup DVD using DVDShrink (which uses Nero) which hangs in the early part of writing the CD. Have a sony dvd writer and used their dvd drivecheck tool and sending doc to them but in meantime wanted to try ImgBurn to write the dvd image I have on my harddrive (vob files) but it doesn't look like it will burn those file types.? I have been able to write a dvd using nero vision express but from wmv files. Haven't figured out how to use Nero directly to write an existing dvd image from my HD.

I found the entry about using dvd decrypter, renaming files so dvdshrink uses it for backup. Don't have that one..have the fab one... anyway, I used dvdshrink to create an ISO and now using ImgBurn to write the dvd image....36% and going strong. Not sure why dvdshrink using Nero has a problem but hopefully this will give me an option. Any tip on how to use dvdshrink to invoke Imgburn without having dvd decrypter installed? Not sure I want to rename nero software.... I first used Fabdecrypter to create the hd copy...i hear dvddecrypter is a bit out of date now....

I don't believe that you can substitute ImgBurn for Nero as you can by substituting ImgBurn for DVDDecrypter.

What you can do however is open your VIDEO_TS folder in PgcEdit and from it, create the ISO (uses Img Tools Classic) and burn (uses ImgBurn). PgcEdit also enables you to ensure that 32K gaps are present.

Check out PgcEdit homepage here: http://www.videohelp.com/~r0lZ/pgcedit/index.html

Link to burning with 32K gaps is on the above page (direct link http://www.videohelp.com/~r0lZ/pgcedit/thi...h%20PgcEdit.htm)

Let us know if you have any questions.

• 3 weeks later...

so would you say that PgcEdit is as good as/better or the same as Folder2iso ?

Does anyone know if imgburn will be supporting burning VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders in the future or will we have to carry on using the above two progs to convert it to .ISO?

Cheers

MBB

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.