Change Volume Label... not working corectly

khagaroth

The Change Volume Label is not working corectly with non ASCI characters. If I write a label (UDF) with non ASCI characters, it is shown corectly in the Change volume label dialog, but is garbled in the main window and also after burning (ie. ě?čř????? becomes ?????????). If I create an image using mkisofs, the volume label is garbled in the main window an also in the Change volume label dialog, but is shown corectly in Windows (after it's burned). Also if I create UDF only image, ImgBurn shows also ISO9660 label.

It's not a unicode application so this is to be expected.

Also, on a udf only image, only the udf field is available when I change the volume label. The other two are greyed out and the edit boxes contain 'N/A'.

So either it's something I've fixed without knowing it or whatever's making your udf image isn't actually making it udf only.

• 6 months later...

Also, on a udf only image, only the udf field is available when I change the volume label. The other two are greyed out and the edit boxes contain 'N/A'.

So either it's something I've fixed without knowing it or whatever's making your udf image isn't actually making it udf only.

Will ImgBurn ever support Unicode ?

I want to burn with unicode volume labels.

Nero apparently can handle Unicode filenames and volume labels right. However, Nero CANNOT go pass its 16 character limit for volume labels. I've tried finding other software but its the same, either 16 character limit or no unicode..and I am using CJK languages and I'm making DVD/UDF images. The contents also includes unicode filenames.

It would be nice if unicode is supported.

Anyone have any recommendations to help me with this ?

Edited by mathew

As of the latest version, what ImgBurn does is silently accepts the unicode label and creates garbage characters in the UDF volume label when the ISO image is made.

Since ImgBurn cannot handle unicode volume labels properly. Maybe the users should be prevented from entering or pasting unicode stuff. Or just provide some way to notify the user about the lack of unicode support if user tries to make the image.

Will ImgBurn ever support Unicode ?

I want to burn with unicode volume labels.

Nero apparently can handle Unicode filenames and volume labels right. However, Nero CANNOT go pass its 16 character limit for volume labels. I've tried finding other software but its the same, either 16 character limit or no unicode..and I am using CJK languages and I'm making DVD/UDF images. The contents also includes unicode filenames.

It would be nice if unicode is supported.

Anyone have any recommendations to help me with this ?

I've had ImgBurn change filenames when trying to make DVD-ROM disks, e.g. making an installer DVD from multple installer CDs using Orca, so I use Nero to build the image without mangling filenames but it has crappy handling of VOLUME names so I then have to use ImgBurn's ISO Tool to fix the volume's name to match the value that installer is looking for since Nero will screw it up. These are mostly ISO/JOLIET volumes but the same problem exists with UDF where it truncates volume names.

:rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.