Plextor PX-880U

Racerjohn07

Lightning/Cornholio7/Spinningwheel

You all have given me great assistance with my previous Post and your Guide information.

I am purchasing a Plextor Extrenal PX-880U. Based on this Forum and on severial reviews, it is 1 of the highest rated midpriced burners. It was noted in 1 review that it had a feature that worked well with Laptops. My older Desktop has a LiteOn LH-20A1H which I will continue to use and supplement with the Plextor by USB.

My questions concern the Video Disc you would recommend.

I have attached a pdf file of the Plexsor Spec Sheet.

I know for DL that it should be DVD + R DL and Verbatin and preferably a slower speed. Is this correct ?? And Booktyped I think !!

The normal SL Disc's are the one or ones that I am confused about. The cost of the verbatin is not an issue. I will not be making them for people, I am just making them for me. I want this best as you do.

The Spec's - Supported DVD Format and - Supported DVD Write Method is my main concern.

For SL 4.7 Video and the based on Plextors spec's, is DVD-R satisfactory or is DVD + R satisfactory or both will work work but the preferred would be DVD + R ??

And if its DVD + R, would I need to Booktype it ??

I realize that I will have to buy and build my own experience but I would definitely prefer that I have a good starting base with your experience.

Any assistance taht any of you can give me will be appreciated.

Thanks

John

Pexlor PX-880U_datasheets1.pdf

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.