How to split a large file in 2 small ones

Trilisser

I am burning my first DVD and so I have little idea how to do these things. So, the thing is that I have a 8 GB file that naturally won't fit one DVD so how do I split it? I.e. I want to burn that large file on two separate discs. I don't see an "edit file" option anywhere. I just wonder why doesn't the software simply burn the first disc as full as possible and then you just insert a new disc to burn the rest...

Is there a possibility to create two separate files at the reading stage? Or select only certain sections from the source disc to read&burn? Double layer disc makes sense, but I need the burnt copy quickly and the closest dealer for those discs is 100 km from where I type this (I have only single layer discs at home).

Edited by Trilisser

It is a DVD with a playing time of about 2 h 30 mins. The ImgBurn reads it without problem and the resulting file is some 8 GB.The film does have multiple chapters and so on. Since the burnt copy would be needed for a couple of days only, I'd rather not spend any extra to buy those double layer discs I have no other use for.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.