Erase disk (BD-RE) freeze

Chappy

Hey all

Longtime ImgBurn user, 1st time poster.

1st & foremost...TY LightningUK for this app! Luv it...but..

I'm having a small issue with my 1st BD-RE disk, just getting into this BD authoring stuff.

First attempt at this movie for my niece worked flawlessly using .iso created with AVCHDecoder, but I messed up with the subtitle file and wasted a BD-R disk with Polish & English subs..heheh..oops. Remux and try again.

Bought the only BD-RE disks nearby to test the new iso with, then added the iso to ImgBurn & clicked the button. The app told me the disk needed to be formatted and asked if I wanted it to do this, so obviously...Yes.

Well it got to 8% rather quickly but now it's frozen there, over 2 hours now. If I try to close out IB, it says it can't because it's formatting the disk. I could eject the disk (probably) and try again but I don't want to Bork it either. When I checked the queue, it showed the iso queued to write after the format, but we just aint getting anywhere with that yet.

Any suggestions?

Here's the log so far (screenie, cause it's not written to log file yet)

Thanx!

Dave

96232386.th.jpg

Edit- sorry, forgot "Copy Log" command in log window...here it is

I 15:08:32 ImgBurn Version 2.5.5.0 started!

I 15:08:32 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)

I 15:08:32 Total Physical Memory: 4,193,464 KB - Available: 2,885,980 KB

I 15:08:32 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:08:32 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:08:33 -> Drive 1 - Info: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 1.00 (H:) (ATA)

I 15:08:33 -> Drive 2 - Info: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH10L FC09 (L:) (ATA)

I 15:08:33 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM and 1 BD-RE!

I 15:10:07 Operation Started!

I 15:10:07 Device: [3:1:0] HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 1.00 (H:) (ATA)

I 15:10:07 Media Type: BD-RE (Disc ID: RITEK-BW1-001) (Speeds: 2.4x)

I 15:10:07 Quick Erase: No

I 15:10:07 Format Properly: Yes

I 15:10:07 Format Size: Preferred

I 15:10:07 Format With Full Certification: Yes

I 15:10:07 Format Without Spare Areas: Yes

I 15:10:07 Erasing Disc...

Edited by Chappy

Do you have the latest 1.00-09 (or -A9) firmware installed?

http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/BH10LS30/files.html

As you can see from the following topic, I had no trouble burning RITEK-BW1-001 in mine.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=16152

You'll probably have to kill the power to the drive/machine, eject + reinsert the disc and start from scratch.

Do you have the latest 1.00-09 (or -A9) firmware installed?

http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/BH10LS30/files.html

As you can see from the following topic, I had no trouble burning RITEK-BW1-001 in mine.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=16152

You'll probably have to kill the power to the drive/machine, eject + reinsert the disc and start from scratch.

Hi LUK!

Yah, I installed 1.00.09 right after installing the drive. Being a Looong time computer help/support guy and security expert, I know where to go for the latest, though not always the greatest, updates.

I also have never really had problems with Ritek media before, don't know why this decided to freeze up on me.

Yep, that's what I figured too, just wanted to know if that "could" make the disk unusable, or unrecognizable by IB next try. Was wondering if maybe the process should be killed 1st (or something) before a power down or manual eject is needed. Obviously IB locks the effective permissions on the disk while reformatting since explorer won't let me even see them.

Thanx again!

Let's give this another shot..

Hmmm

Apparently, only the GUI froze but the underlying process seems to have completed.

After a forced shutdown, since IBurn would not allow a tidy shutdown, restarted and started IB, put in the disk and it recognized it with Satus showing as completed. Added the iso, clicked Burn, completely expecting to get the "you need to format" thing, but it went straight to the burn!

@-34% now and going along swimmingly, looking good

Thanx again dude

Dave

Edited by Chappy

I doubt the GUI did freeze. The I/O might have got stuck but it's too late to investigate that one now :)

As your other thread shows you having issues with the disc, you should probably still attempt another full format on it.

I'd be interested to see the disc info from the box on the right (for that disc, obviously!) when you're in Write mode. Please and thank you ;)

Darn...shoulda looked at this thread a few minutes earlier, as I just started a new write with that disk.

I did get that disk formatted properly again, suffice to say I will NOT let Explorer do that process again... :angry:

I did try another full erase with IB and it stuck at 17% overnight, but the disk was burnable with an overwrite.

Just so we don't get too confused, let's let this thread die out (or close) and I'll continue trying to figure this stuff out in the other one. I certainly do appreciate you guys helping me out as I wade into the BR stuff. Better late than never I guess.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.