3/4 burn, then drop, then nothing

coq

Been using dvd decytptor, shrink and IMGtool now for a bit. Just switched to a new PC and all the movies now drop out about 3/4 way through. All is good - very good - but toward the end of the movies the copy starts to step, then drop scenes. then it dies. Maddening. Tried setting the burn to rate to 1, fails in the same place. Using all the latest code versions, and philips +r disks (got sony players). Tried verifiying the copy - it verifies fine. Running avg antivirus - turn it off - no luck. burner is a sony 720a with latest code it too. I'm stumped. any ideas?

First and foremost you need to establish whether you are dealing with a ripping problem, a problem with the Shrink processing, the image creation or the actual burn process. Therefore suggest that you check the DVD at the end of each step to see where the problem is first showing up.

Been using dvd decytptor, shrink and IMGtool now for a bit. Just switched to a new PC and all the movies now drop out about 3/4 way through. All is good - very good - but toward the end of the movies the copy starts to step, then drop scenes. then it dies. Maddening. Tried setting the burn to rate to 1, fails in the same place. Using all the latest code versions, and philips +r disks (got sony players). Tried verifiying the copy - it verifies fine. Running avg antivirus - turn it off - no luck. burner is a sony 720a with latest code it too. I'm stumped. any ideas?

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but because of legal problems with DVDD it is no longer being supported and no more upgrades will be available . We no longer answer questions about it .This is necessary to avoid further legal problems .There is IMGburn to burn your ISO's and that will be the program we will support , give it a try :thumbup:

My error...it is IMGburn that I am using. OK...let me rephrase this...

How can I determine if IMGBURN is properly burming an ISO image? THe log shows no errors, yet the results are consistent in that the reproduced disk fails to play all the way through. Thsi *seems* to be true of whatever product is used.

Really? CHanging media doesn't seem to help...but I can try again. Used verbatim and philips so far with the same results.

Log is below:

I 15:48:14 ImgBurn Version 1.0.0.0 started!

I 15:48:14 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 15:48:14 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:48:14 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:48:14 Found 1 DVD?RW!

I 15:51:39 Operation Started!

I 15:51:39 Source File: E:\copies\STARWARS\star1_RIPPED.ISO

I 15:51:39 Source File Sectors: 2,285,848 (MODE1/2048)

I 15:51:39 Source File Size: 4,681,416,704 bytes

I 15:51:39 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink

I 15:51:39 Destination Device: [1:0:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-720A JY07 (D:) (ATA)

I 15:51:40 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-F01-00) (Speeds: 4x)

I 15:51:40 Destination Media Sectors: 2,295,104

I 15:51:40 Write Mode: DVD

I 15:51:40 Write Type: DAO

I 15:51:40 Write Speed: 1x

I 15:51:40 Link Size: Auto

I 15:51:40 Test Mode: No

I 15:51:40 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 15:51:40 Filling Buffer...

I 15:51:40 Writing LeadIn...

I 15:52:17 Writing Image...

I 16:06:09 Synchronising Cache...

I 16:06:13 Closing Track...

I 16:06:14 Finalising Disc...

I 16:06:32 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:14:52

I 16:06:32 Average Write Rate: 5,501 KB/s (4.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,670 KB/s (4.1x)

Also flashed the DVD (Sony) to latest version, and ran the doagnostics. No problems. Used Shrink to compress the original. Problem remains however. Also, for what is it worth, when I verify the write no errors are reported. I know that at this point is shows a clean burn, but can't seem to identify in what other area to look. Know what I mean?

This happens with all movies I work with, the lastest example (and no hassle please I know how this is going to sound...) is Star Wars1. But trust me, it happens with everything else...

I 15:51:40 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-F01-00) (Speeds: 4x)

these discs will not help you

this is spinningwheels nr.2

they are classed as 3rd class media here http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

you should be aiming at something in the 1st class media section

Edited by cornholio7

yep CMC is crap use Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim and my old Sony DRU510 A loved Ritek 4x discs I still play dvd's I made with it and all play perfect and its about 3 yrs ago.If you have a Verb maybe you could burn with it and post the log .Like its been said you show all the symptoms of bad media .

Nice icon. Dig that.

I'll get the good stufff and try again. Cool site reference by the way. (http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm). Got a few more things to try. Have an older PC that runs slower that seems to be able to deal with this issue tho. Can't figure that out. That stuff just shouldn't matter (the speed), you know? Anyway...I think that this is also related to the Sony DVD burner. It will read damn near anything, but the write is suspect at this point. I mean, I burned something like 15 copies of this and also tried using Nero Recode (although I may have screwed the pooch on that one cause it does not play at all..). Anyway, everything i burn here all fail at the same point. All in the last part of the movie, within a few seconds of each other. Can't be just the media, you know? What the krunk am I missing?

if everything fails at the end then thats another symptom of bad media what you can try is to compress a little more to move you away from the outer part of the disc but then again more compression and low quality media will cause problems also .Untill you get some top media you can make yourself crazy trying to sort this out .If you had an ISO of about 3.5-4 gigs you could see if it burns OK good luck let us know how you make out :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.