Having heaps of trouble with +RW disks for Camcorder

blutach

Gunna find more compatible disks first, I think. But the disks are just peachy, as far as Windows is concerned.

Take yer Robitussin.

Regards

Well, unfortunately it doesn't suit what I want it for :(

And I am pretty sure this is now a compatibilty issue. Can't be 100% sure, but that's what it seems to be.

Regards

@Shamus - probably, but it's really for Firey just to take a few home movies - you know, pointing the lens at the mirrored ceiling =))

@Chewy - I think yer right, and yes, they could do with a firmware flash, couldn't they? The Maxell -Rs that were supplied with the cam perform flawlessly. Maybe we'll get them instead. IIRC, Hitachi was part of the -R consortium and probably prefer them. I just was real attracted to the auto-finalisation feature, which works well in 1 out of 4 sides :D

Regards

@Chewy,

That would require a format conversion. An +RW finalised is in straight DVD-VIDEO form that can be played on any player - that's why we like it. None of our players have the ability to play VROs.

Regards

OK update -

Problem solved. The cam works brilliantly with -RW disks. Shame, I really wanted +RWs. Shoulda bought a $ONY, I guess. :D

Thanks for everyone's input and help.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.