Verb +R DLs Killer Price

Pain_Man

nice find PM,when they hit a buck then I'll really have to think about it :lol: .Office Depot has Verbatim single layer for $23/100 and printable -R for $27/100 I grabbed 200 as I'm only interested in "Movie Only". I remember buying Ritek GO4's for $150 /100 when they first came out maybe the last of the quality Riteks

nice find PM,when they hit a buck then I'll really have to think about it :lol: .Office Depot has Verbatim single layer for $23/100 and printable -R for $27/100 I grabbed 200 as I'm only interested in "Movie Only". I remember buying Ritek GO4's for $150 /100 when they first came out maybe the last of the quality Riteks

I was just checking to see if they were still carrying them and, lo & behold, look at the price!

My pharmacy was carrying Sony -/+Rs for $10/25pk spindle for several months in a row. The +Rs are actually TY Yuden00-T-002 (I'm too lazy to grab one to make sure :rolleyes: ). I managed to brab a 200 of both kinds before they went off sale. 75 of the TYs.

My pharmacy was carrying Sony -/+Rs for $10/25pk

You buy your media from a chemist? :blink:

Chemist? Oh yeah. That's what you guys call pharmacists. Wasn't Baroness Thatcher a pharmacist?

Anyway. Yes, I do, when they're on sale. Today they had Maxell DVDs and CDs on sale but I don't think so!

here usually carry all manner of goods, a mini grocery store, greeting cards. Even USB cables, jump drives, telephones. They also develop film and, strangest of all, sell cigarettes.

Just 20.99/10 pk

US ONLY

They're getting closer and closer to $1...

Worst Buy has Verbatim DVD+R DL 20-pack for $34.99 this week.

Personally, I started buying when the prices hit $6.99 a piece. Now

they're under $1.75. It'll be great when they get to $1, but $1.75 -

$2.00 is a great price. Is $2.00 that big a deal?

EDIT: price mis-typed

Edited by calweycn

Think i will buy my first one when they are about 20p each.

I started buying them at $7 and I will buy more as they go below $2.

I never compress my DVDs any more. If they are too big to fit single

layer for the movie itself, I use a dual layer. Always. I have not been

satisfied with the quality obtained by compression - even slight.

Over-burning is also handy. A lot of movies are just 30-150 MB over

single layer size. They can easily be over-burned. I've burned up to

4600 MB with ImgBurn, BenQ 1640, and MCC or TY discs.

Why are people so upset about $2? It's not that big a deal to me. I

am not rich, either. $2 is nothing to me. I'll burn 50 dual layer DVDs

and won't even flinch. The price is low enough now. It will probably

NEVER get as low as single layer media.

sure it'll go lower just as soon as blu ray takes hold and discs can hold 50 gigs DL's will drop way down all other media went the same way Ritek GO4's were as much as $1.67 each now Verbs are 23 cents each and much better than what Ritek has turned into

sure it'll go lower just as soon as blu ray takes hold and discs can hold 50 gigs DL's will drop way down all other media went the same way Ritek GO4's were as much as $1.67 each now Verbs are 23 cents each and much better than what Ritek has turned into

Sure, the price will go lower. But DL will always cost more than SL. There is a

limit to how long prices can go. I think less than $2 is pretty reasonable. I am

seeing Verbatim +R DL for $1.75 at Worst Buy, which is less than Amazon or

NewEgg. Even when BluRay drives become affordable, the discs will cost like

$20-30 a piece. They won't kill the DVD market any time soon.

She's one of my personal heros. She was the one who had to stiffen the Elder Bush's resolve with the classic line, "Don't go all wobbly George." She also gave a very moving tribute to Reynaldus Magnus after his death. She no longer appears in public due to illness.

But there's no reason to argue politics, at least not on this site...

(And I don't think that Britain can fairly have been described as a dictatorship since Henry VIII....)

Checking wikipedia...

She was a chemist...since y'all rather confusingly (to us anyway) call pharmacists chemists that's probably why I was confused.

She got a degree in Chemistry from Oxford and was a member of the team, at British company, which developed the first soft serve ice cream (!).

Wasn't Baroness Thatcher a pharmacist?

Nope . she was an evil witch / dictator / snob , and her father was a grocer , but i dont think she was a pharmacist , unless as a witch with her potions qualified as a pharmacist :lol:

We no longer have to worry about $2 either. Nor do we have to keep a hawk's eye on the checking account. A very nice feeling. And we, too, are very far from rich.

I haven't used compression since I got my HDTV. (Well, ours since I do let the wife borrow it now and again...) I do use compression when I make copies of my six yr old's discs. I'm not given her DLs to trash.

Other than that one exception, if I like the movie enough, I use a DL. If I don't, then I split to two SLs. With an HDTV, compression is absolutely glaringly noticeable (like Hillary Clinton's ass, oh, the wife say's that was an eclipse, my bad).

I've got 35 Verb DLs in the Small Arms Locker, along with 400+ SLs, mostly TYs. I don't know if I'll ever use them all. But since I've got so many, I've been able to run a number of comparison tests.

I did buy a 3 pack of -R DLs--against lfcrule's good advice--and, sho' nuff, neither my Sony nor my Philliips set-tops will read them. Only my daughter's Apex!

So I've got two more in Locker I'm not sure what to do with. Probably store music on them.

I started buying them at $7 and I will buy more as they go below $2.

I never compress my DVDs any more. If they are too big to fit single

layer for the movie itself, I use a dual layer. Always. I have not been

satisfied with the quality obtained by compression - even slight.

Over-burning is also handy. A lot of movies are just 30-150 MB over

single layer size. They can easily be over-burned. I've burned up to

4600 MB with ImgBurn, BenQ 1640, and MCC or TY discs.

Why are people so upset about $2? It's not that big a deal to me. I

am not rich, either. $2 is nothing to me. I'll burn 50 dual layer DVDs

and won't even flinch. The price is low enough now. It will probably

NEVER get as low as single layer media.

I've got 35 Verb DLs in the Small Arms Locker, along with 400+ SLs, mostly TYs. I don't know if I'll ever use them all. But since I've got so many, I've been able to run a number of comparison tests.

ahh , preparing for war then ?? hate to think what you have in the large arms locker then :lol:

Beers cost 40 cents in England? Cool. :thumbup:

wishfull thinking :lol: about 2 pound a pint now, or $3 a pint . its dearer than petrol is at 9 pounds a gallon petrol is approx 4 pounds ( ish), in fact , bottled water is dearer than petrol these days

sadly i cant agree about the wicked witch of the commons,"haggie twatcher"

she was the worst thing that ever happened for the average man in the street. she killed off trade unions rights to strike . In saying that the current labour leader Tony "suck up to George dubya" Blair is just as bad ( trade unions formed the labour movement and got the labour party on there feet , but now theyve turned conservative as well , just like haggie thatcher was ).

as for chemistry, all she did was conjour up potions to get more money out of the people of England !! . she didnt have a company car when in governtment, she had a broomstick ;)

she was a grocers daughter, so why she killed off the small shops with taxing , we will never know ;)

Guess we'll be agreeing to disagree over the good Baroness. But I never wanted to discuss politics on this site anyway. It's nice to have ONE place to go where one's not smothered in it.

Lemme guess, you're a Leftie? I'd hardly consider Tony Blair (who's turned out to be far better than I dared hope) a yes man to the US. He's leading the charge on the utterly baseless and ridiculous Kyoto Treaty. He was one of the leaders on the Israel-Islamofacsist asshole ceasefire.

On terrorism he's been tight with us. And why shouldn't you be? You guy's have suffered from terrorism a lot longer than we have. You have expertise we don't. You've also got military experience in the kind of house to house, counter-terror than we've profitted from. We are the biggest and the best, but that doesn't mean we can't learn.

Britain's our closest ally. Personally, I think you should ditch that Franco-German conspiracy and sign a Free Trade treaty with us. Give the finger to the Frogs and the Boche. After all, which country do you have more in common with? France or America?

No leader is perfect. Ronald Reagan is another hero of mine; he too made mistakes. The "war" on drugs being the biggest. Coke and Heroin cost the same as they did in 1980, which means their price has actually declined by %250-300 due to inflation. I could write volumes about the abuses of the "war" on drugs. We now have 115 Federal laws under which the government can take your shit (houses, cars, cash, investments) not only without a conviction, but without trial, without arrest, without even a warrant. And YOU have to go into court with a lawyer and PROVE your shit was bought with legit money! (Not all of these laws were passed under Reagan it should be noted.)

We're paying $3/gal for gas (about 1.60 pounds). At first people were losing their minds, but people are used to it. Britain is oil self-sufficient (which we would be if we actually drilled our own friggin' oil!) so how the HELL do you pay US$9 a gallon??? There would literally be rioting in the streets over here.

(The exchange rate, as of Friday, was $1.90 to the pound.)

so why she killed off the small shops

I think Lord Sainsbury (sp?) has probably had more to do with the decline of what we call Mom & Pop stores than the government.

But don't feel alone. Our Federal government hates small business too. 60% of a small business' revenue--not profit is taken by government taxes and fees and forced mandates like worker's comp insurance. Every year thousands of families lose their small businesses because of the Death Tax.

My father-in-law just had to close his gas station after 35 years because he could no longer make a profit.

ahh , preparing for war then ?? hate to think what you have in the large arms locker then :lol:

Beers cost 40 cents in England? Cool. :thumbup:

wishfull thinking :lol: about 2 pound a pint now, or $3 a pint . its dearer than petrol is at 9 pounds a gallon petrol is approx 4 pounds ( ish), in fact , bottled water is dearer than petrol these days

sadly i cant agree about the wicked witch of the commons,"haggie twatcher"

she was the worst thing that ever happened for the average man in the street. she killed off trade unions rights to strike . In saying that the current labour leader Tony "suck up to George dubya" Blair is just as bad ( trade unions formed the labour movement and got the labour party on there feet , but now theyve turned conservative as well , just like haggie thatcher was ).

as for chemistry, all she did was conjour up potions to get more money out of the people of England !! . she didnt have a company car when in governtment, she had a broomstick ;)

she was a grocers daughter, so why she killed off the small shops with taxing , we will never know ;)

In the words of kenny Everett.

"When England was a kingdom, we had a king. When we were an empire, we had an emperor. Now we're a country ... and we have Margaret Thatcher."

:thumbup: how right he was

We're paying $3/gal for gas (about 1.60 pounds). At first people were losing their minds, but people are used to it. Britain is oil self-sufficient (which we would be if we actually drilled our own friggin' oil!) so how the HELL do you pay US$9 a gallon??? There would literally be rioting in the streets over here.

not petrol, but draught BEER works out at 9 Uk pounds a gallon !!! actually thats wrong, i worked it out at 4.54 but 4.54 is the litres to gallon conversion .

8 pints at 2 quid a throw = 16 uk pounds a gallon !!!! x $1.90 = $US 30 a gallon

petrol is cheap in comparisson at approx 4.20Uk pounds a gallon or $US 8 a gallon , most of that is Tax that maggie and tony and any other daft prick in charge allows the treasurer to keep increasing

You buy beer by the gallon? Don't they sell six packs?

What pisses me off is the trick the breweries started pulling a few years back. A case of beer used to be 24 bottles (or cans if you prefer your beer to taste like metallic goat piss). Now it's 18/case. The price, of course, is still the same (factoring in inflation).

Fortunately, I am long retired from the Psychic Wars. And I used to drink imports anyway (esp NZ's Steinlager, Sapporo or Liffey water). 'Cept when I was out in a bar. Then I'd drink Budlight. Granted it's got less alcohol in it than mouthwash and has no taste to it, but it doesn't get you drunk. Which was the point.

$8 bucks a gallon for gas still amazes me. I know your taxes are much, much higher than ours but goddamn.

My wife works for an architecture firm and they have a number of European employees: German, Italian, Norwegian & Bulgarian (since Bulgaria's a third world shit hole, he's very happy to be here). Given the taxes 'cross the Pond it's no wonder why professionals come here. (What pisses me off is the ones that come here and then start bitching about our country; if ya don't like it, take your ass back where ya came from!)

Gas taxes are a big problem here as well. In some states, nearly a buck a gallon could be knocked off if there was a tax moratorium on gas until oil prices return to sanity. Or we do and start drilling our own friggin' oil. We've got more than enough. But the tree huggers keep getting in the way. They'd rather our nation be dependent on foreign sources of energy, thereby endangering national security (didn't we used to call that giving aid and comfort to the enemy?) and forcing us to use the military to keep oil flowing at market prices for the rest of the world. We don't defend the Persian Gulf states for our economy. The vast majority of our oil comes from Mexico, Venezuela & Nigeria.

We keep the Persian Gulf oil flowing for Japan (99% of their oil imports come from the Gulf), China (80% I'm not sure on that one) and Europe (varies by country).

That's the bitch of it. Even if we did start drilling our own oil, we'd still have to control the Gulf. Our allies simply don't have the miliary capability to do it. The Brits are doing a brilliant job in Iraq, but Britannia no longer rules the waves. If we let our trading partners' (i.e. Europe, Japan, China) economies eat shit, then who's going to buy our computers, software, electronic goods, cars, machine tools, pharmaceuticals, investment products, etc?

Since there is no viable alternative to oil and natural gas even in the long term, we're stuck with oil boys and girls--no matter how much the tree huggers whine or invent bullshit like the fictional "global warming."*

*The concocter of the global warming hoax, a professor named Schneider, was warning of the imminent return of the Ice Age as recently as the mid-80s! he's also been quoted--and I have the article--as saying that faking the science is ok in order to advance his "theory."

His ultimate goal (and I am not making this shit up)? World communist government controlled by the UN.

Sorry, but the UN already takes my wallet for a huge ride every year. And then busts our balls for actually implementing its decisions.

not petrol, but draught BEER works out at 9 Uk pounds a gallon !!! actually thats wrong, i worked it out at 4.54 but 4.54 is the litres to gallon conversion .

8 pints at 2 quid a throw = 16 uk pounds a gallon !!!! x $1.90 = $US 30 a gallon

petrol is cheap in comparisson at approx 4.20Uk pounds a gallon or $US 8 a gallon , most of that is Tax that maggie and tony and any other daft prick in charge allows the treasurer to keep increasing

Edited by Pain_Man

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.