cannot create cue file for new mp3s with replay gain

bari57

Hello. First post here. I'm a long time user of ImgBurn and also foobar for adding replay gain to all my mp3 files. Today, I ripped a cd and added the replay gain with foobar as I've done countless times. But when I try to create a cue file with any of the mp3 files from that cd, ImgBurn freezes and I get a Not Responding message. If I re-rip and create a cue file before adding replay gain, it works fine. Oddly enough, it also works fine when I create a cue file using any of my other mp3 files that have had replay gain added previously. This behavior also repeats for purchased downloaded mp3 files: the files cue up just fine at first, but if I add replay gain with foobar, ImgBurn freezes. Any suggestions or advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

I'm a long time user of ImgBurn and also foobar for adding replay gain to all my mp3 files. Today, I ripped a cd and added the replay gain with foobar as I've done countless times. But when I try to create a cue file with any of the mp3 files from that cd, ImgBurn freezes and I get a Not Responding message.

Not sure whether you mean this is the first time you've tried to use ImgBurn to create a CUE file from such MP3 files, or whether this is the first time ImgBurn has hung up on such an MP3 file.

Anyway, the obvious conclusion would be that the ImgBurn MP3 parser doesn't like the ReplayGain (RG) tag data in the Foobar-created MP3 files .... HOWEVER, this parser is not part of ImgBurn - it's part of the Windows DirectShow filter for MP3 files, and ImgBurn just calls it. At least that's my understanding of the current ImgBurn state of the art - see this post : http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=12528

That being the case, you should probably tell us what version of Windows you're using, and whether or not you've recently upgraded it (or applied a service-pack).

You probably know that RG data is stored in different tags by different programs ... there seems to be no firm consensus. Apparently, Foobar uses ID3v2 by default, or APEv2 at the user's option. I have no idea what Microsoft's DirectShow MP3 filter expects.

See http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Replay_Gain#Implementations

So it might be worth you finding that option in Foobar's RG plugin config, and switching it to the other choice.

Also see this post : http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=7789

where another user reported their MP3-ImgBurn problem was solved by installing the K-Lite Codec Pack which contained a later version of the relevant Windows filter (AIUI).

NB: I've heard many people advise against installing the K-Lite Codec Pack .... (saying it contains a lot of guff you don't need, and sometimes things which actually do harm)

Just my 2p .... I am not the droid ReplayGain expert you are looking for, and may be completely off-target with this reply :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.