Ping-pong between two drives in batch mode

PaulC

This was prompted by the 'Insert Next Disc - Find Next Non-Blank Disc' option, which didn't do what I thought it did :) (what? read the documentation? that's admitting defeat :)

I've a stack of discs to rip, and two optical drives. I'd dearly love to have ImgBurn be able to 'ping-pong' between them, so when one rip completes, it can start ripping from the other drive immediately. This would allow me to replace the first disc with the third disc in the first drive at my leisure, while ImgBurn rips the second disc in the second drive.

I'm looking for a way to keep ripping going continuously, without me having to hover over the process. This way, after one rip completes, I would have several minutes to swap the disc before it would slow the process down - unlike now, where the process comes to a screeching halt after every disc, until I come back and put in a fresh disc.

-- Paul

p.s. Once the incompatibility between AnyDVD, ImgBurn and my autoloader has a workaround, I won't really need this. But it would still have value to people who don't have autoloaders.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.