Generic Robotic Support

Roboman

Hello,

Imgburn is on of the best Burnig Software you can find (USE)

But for large jobs you cant use it.

The current supportet Robotic is only for pro-user suitable. (not professionals)

The most Robotic on the Market are serial Controlled with similarly commandset.

Can you add the support for serial controlled Robotics?

You can find the Basics here:

http://hyperdiscs.pbworks.com/w/page/19778468/FrontPage

I can send 1 or 2 robotics to you for development / testing if you wish.

The bundle software with the Robotics are very inflexible!

example: No software on the market can create a Audio CD with CD Text!

Many Thanks

The Vinpower Digital one is serial. Maybe that already does the job?

That's fine !

Read imgburn the Robotic Board and FW Version (Core Command is "V") bevore Init. the Robotic (Core Command is "C") ?

Witch com port setting are used? 96008N1 ?

Can you send me the current commanset ?

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't really understand what you're saying.

Yes, those are the com port settings used.

Thinking about it, even if the Vinpower command set was the same as one of your generic robots, the program probably still wouldn't be able to match a drive to the robot.

Without knowing the drive -> robot relationship, the program can't function as it should do.

Sorry, I don't really understand what you're saying.

Sorry my mistake. I try again.

How does know Imgburn thats the Vipower Autoloader is connectet? (Searching for Auto Loader devices.....)

Yes, those are the com port settings used.

Ok, up to witch Comport Number does Imgburn search the Autoloader?

Thinking about it, even if the Vinpower command set was the same as one of your generic robots, the program probably still wouldn't be able to match a drive to the robot.

Without knowing the drive -> robot relationship, the program can't function as it should do.

I have tryed a Amtrem Flexwriter Robotic (Comport 3) and set the Vipower Autoloader

Logfile:Found 0 Autoloaders!

The's no port number limit within ImgBurn, it queries the OS to provide an array of all the available com ports and goes from there.

Load the program with autoloader / vinpower support enabled and let the device scan complete.

Then press the F8 key to enable I/O debug mode and then click Tools -> Search for SCSI/ATAPI devices.

Once it's completed, click File -> Save As from within the log window and save to a file somewhere. Then upload the file here on the forum so I can take a look at it - or email it to support.

Thanks for the message!

Fine that´s Imgburn check all system Com Ports!

Here is the Log:

I 21:14:18 Searching for Auto Loader devices...

I 21:14:18 Initialising Device (\\?\acpi#pnp0501#4&61f3b4b&0#{86e0d1e0-8089-11d0-9ce4-08003e301f73})...

D 21:14:19 ReadFile(COM) Failed! - Reason: NumberOfBytesRead == 0, Last Error: 0 (0x00000000) - Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.

D 21:14:19 Vinpower Robot Information - Name: 'Kommunikationsanschluss (COM1)', Successful: No, Error Code: 4278190081

I 21:14:19 Initialising Device (\\?\ftdibus#vid_0403+pid_6001+ftn19nova#0000#{86e0d1e0-8089-11d0-9ce4-08003e301f73})...

D 21:14:20 ReadFile(COM) Failed! - Reason: NumberOfBytesRead == 0, Last Error: 0 (0x00000000) - Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.

D 21:14:20 Vinpower Robot Information - Name: 'USB Serial Port (COM3)', Successful: No, Error Code: 4278190081

I 21:14:20 Found 0 Auto Loaders!

I 21:14:20 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

Note:

The Robotic use a fti USB to Serial Converter.(virtual com Port)

Setting is 9600 8N1 no Flow Control

Have tryed Connection via Hyperterminal works fine!

FlexWriter-Micro V2.9

X

Thanks

Ah well, you're out of luck then I guess.

Hello LIGHTNING UK

i think its clear that can only work the VinPower Robot!

I have ask you :

How does know Imgburn thats the Vipower Autoloader is connectet? (Searching for Auto Loader devices.....)

(Please correct me if my message not right)

ImagBurn does polling every com Port to open a serial Connection starts with comport one.

Is a connection establish ImgBurn try to read the Robotic Board ID (Core Command is V)

Does the received Bord ID match with the Vinpower Board ID witch IMGBURN knows - IMGBURN can display 1 Vinpower Autoloader found!

Any Robot typ haves your one Bord ID.

If you try ImgBurn with a other "Gerneric Robotic" you must clear the ID Match with Vinpower.

Thanks!

Edited by Roboman

Technically, ImgBurn doesn't care if it's a Vinpower autoloader (it doesn't care about the name of the device), it just needs to support the exact command set that it's coded to use.

ImgBurn sends V00 and C00 to the com port.

Your log showed ImgBurn not getting any sort of response from the robot within the required time (1 second for those 2 commands).

I guess it's the '00' bit that's messing up support for your generic robot.

Try that in hyperterminal and see if the device gets hung up.

Hello LIGHTNING UK

today i have logged the communication between the Robot and Imgburn.

Please see the attached logs.

Two different Robots i have used.

1. MF Digital Scrible

2. Amtren Flexwriter

The Robots are connectet with a real RS232 Cable! Not a virtual Com Port.

You can see the problem on the log´s.

For comparing you can see a log with the Hyperterminal and Commands by the Keyboard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestion for a real "generic control"

-You add a "Generic Robot - com port" to the I/O settings

- The Settings for the Control are stored on a "config file" in the ImgBurn program folder.

- the config file contains:

- Comport settings

- The control strings for the Robotic (Load, Unload, reject, etc....)

- Timeout time setting

- As reference you can use the current Vinpower settings

Now its easy to change the commands for some other Robotics.

I have all major Robotic manufacturer in stock (serial controlled)

-Amtrem

-Microboards

-Rimage

-MF Digital

-Mediaform

-R-Quest

-Media Technics

-All Pro

-Vinpower (not the cube but the "Titan"

If you wish i can make for each one a working "config File"

+ PROS of this solution

- ImgBurn can control every serial controlled Robot

- No IMGBURN rebuild for a new supportet robotic

- easy to add a new robotc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think?

scrible_img.LOG

Scrible.LOG

Amtren.LOG

The problem with those is that the robot doesn't return an 'X' before it returns the name of the device (having been sent 'V00').

ImgBurn expects any 'valid' response (i.e. from a real robot) to begin with 'E' or 'X'. (E = Error, X = Success)

So your ImgBurn log from the Scrible device says 'Invalid Response.' (meaning no E or X was received).

The ImgBurn log from the Amtren shows it being caught out because the robot identifies itself as an 'Elite-Micro V1.21..'. The 'E' in its name makes ImgBurn think there was an error.

I don't know why Vinpower decided to tweak the response to the 'V00' command so it sent the E or X before sending the name of the device, but I'm glad they did!

Hello LIGHTNING UK

yes i have seen the problem.

Please let me know your suggestion for the support of the "generic Robotics"

Note*

The "Original Robotic software" use ever a combination of the :V and C command

V ; robot identifies + init. the Controller Board

C ; Calibrate the Robotic

if the response X after the "C -Command" the robotic is ready to Work

Thanks!

Edited by Roboman

I'm not going to mess around with config files but I'm in the process of trying to tweak my existing code so that some 'generic' models may also be supported.

I'll need to send you a new version to test out - as I don't have access to any 'generic' auto loaders.

As a very important side note, when you issue the 'I' command ('Load') on your generic devices, what *exactly* happens?

I'm asking this because I have to control the drive (the drive tray) myself when working with the Vinpower device.

So I have to ensure the tray is closed, then issue 'I' so it picks up a disc from the input bin, then eject the tray, then make it drop the disc, then close the tray again.

To unload I have to open the tray, then pick the disc up, then close the tray, then drop the disc.

It's not easy to get the command flow right when you don't have access to the device!

Hello LIGHTNING UK,

thanks for your support!

Please let me know how can i help!

If you need more information - let me know!

If you wish i can sen 1 or 2 "small" Robotics to you (Microboards KDK-1000 / Amtrem Elite Micro)

or

I can give you full access to a PC with the connectet Robotic via teamviever.

Many Thanks !

post-33878-0-83999800-1305055072.gif

post-33878-0-45475600-1305055088.jpg

Any chance you could take a video of what I mentioned in my previous post?

i.e. bring up hyperterminal and send the 'I' command to load a disc.... then capture what the robot / drive do on the video.

Some sort of remote connection to a PC would help with testing but it's always better if I can see the robot at the same time.

Hmm I wonder if a webcam pointing at the robot would do the trick... maybe!

I think I've done enough to the program now to at least get us past the 'V' command at the start. Can I email you the new build? Should I use your forum email address?

Ok so do you have a similar pdf for the Microboards KDK-1000?

Surely the 'unload' flow for that one would be more like the Vinpower Cube? (Because the output tray is directly below the drive and the 'A' command therefore wouldn't be suitable as it can't pickup and drop in one go)

Hello LIGHTNING UK,

i do not know the Cube robotic.

You can find the needed Information about the Microboards and the Mediatechnics as pdf and the communication log attached.

I prepare the access incl. Video.

Please let me know when you need it.

For better imagination i have attached pictures.

Do you need more information?

Note*

The most Burning Software with Robotic support haves a helpfully "Robotic Diagnostic Tool"

Its not a big Thing. Softkey for Calibrate, Load, Unload, Reject.

A cycle Function Loads a Disc to Drive ->Try Close -> Tray Open -> Unload.

You can test "DRY" the Funktion without make a real Job.

Its a good Thing ;)

Thanks!

Controlling of Mediatechnics.pdf

Controlling of Microboard.pdf

Mediatechnics.LOG

Microboards_MicroOrbit.LOG

post-33878-0-92134300-1305133736.jpg

post-33878-0-77899200-1305133764.jpg

post-33878-0-93036100-1305133782.jpg

post-33878-0-64415100-1305133802.jpg

post-33878-0-12414100-1305133848.jpg

post-33878-0-91465700-1305133865.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi! First of all thank you LIGHTNING UK! for implementing Generic Robotic support and Roboman for starting the topic.

I have old MFDigital Scribe EC with CD-Robotic CAT-700 Controller and tower with 4 SATA drives (Initially it was FW to IDE tower) + Rimage Prism Printer connected through COM + usb. I would like to ask few questions.

First when I associate 4 drive to robot it's OK. But robot working only with one drive. Is that possible add support for all 4 drives? Maybe I miss something in setup?

Is there any chance to add support for Rimage Prism Plus Printer?

Thank you!

Edited by dreamsat

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.