Imgburn writes always with MAX speed to CD-RW media, no matter what i choose

Miguelito

i wonder why Imgburn ignores my chosen write speed and always writes the cd-rw media with max speed ? Even when automatic write speed is changed for these rewritables, i tried 3 different cd-rw and 3 different brands (1 x 1x-4x, 2 x 4x-10x). The drive is a TSST TS-H653F from Dell.

Edited by Miguelito

i understand, if my desired write speed is not supprted by the media, then imgburn won't write in the speed i want. I think that was different earlier, because i burned on these cd-rw with other speed than their maximum. But what is with their supprted write speed the manufactuer writes on the label I have 1-4x and 4-10x media, but why can't I write with 1x speed on the 1-4x media then ? or with 4x on a 4-10x media ?

Edited by Miguelito

That's the drive manufacturer decision.

If they think (after testing) that the drive don't make a reliable burn at a certain speed, than they don't support it in the firmware.

Right click the drive selection box when you're in Write mode and click 'Check for firmware updates'. Maybe there is a new one that correct the problem for you.

That's the drive manufacturer decision.

If they think (after testing) that the drive don't make a reliable burn at a certain speed, than they don't support it in the firmware.

Right click the drive selection box when you're in Write mode and click 'Check for firmware updates'. Maybe there is a new one that correct the problem for you.

thank you, that was a quick one! Even though there is no update for this drive and have to live with it, I am thankful for getting such a quick clarification. I'll try another drive.

Slower doesen't always = better.

There is a tool, MediaCodeSpeedEdit, that allows you to change the write speed for your media and to add new media codes to your firmware. http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/MCSE/

Warning:

Using patched firmware might damage your drive and will void your warranty.

The use of MediaCodeSpeedEdit is at your own risk.

You can't force the drive to burn at a speed it wasn't designed to work at. Only old CD burners might be able to burn discs below 8x, and then the burn quality wouldn't be improved.

By the way, why do you want to burn so slow? Waiting 80 minutes to burn a single CD disc is a waste of time.

//edit ianymaty is getting faster B)

@ianymaty

Thanks.

@mmalves

i have an older computer with an optical drive that wants to be feeded with media burned slowly or it will report read error(s) or unknown media. You don't really think that I wait besides the drive to finish, do you ? ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.