Image maker

linx05

Hi guys. I would like to start freeing up my space. So I am trying to find a program which creates an image from say a directory or a selection of files. People have suggested Nero but I simply can't find the option in there (besides when copying from a cd).

I have been searching for this for the last 2 hours. Can anyone lend me a hand please? I really want to use the burning engine in ImgBurn!

Thank you.

EDIT: Dang can't edit the title :(

Edited by linx05

Hi guys. I would like to start freeing up my space. So I am trying to find a program which creates an image from say a directory or a selection of files.

I use UltraISO for creating image files. It's not free but I think it's the best at what it does, even allowing you to open/edit/view/add to ISO/BIN/etc images. Great program.

http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/

Yeah I am trying it out now. It looks really good! Thanks for that cornholio7 :)

Got a little off topic question though. In ImgBurn it says:

OPTORITE DVD RW DD1203 110E (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 2,295,104

Free Space: 4,700,372,992 bytes

Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x

...etc

But on the DVD case it says 1-16x. Can I choose MAX in ImgBurn? Or do I only go at 2.4x or 4 x, or do I follow what it says on the DVD case (1-16x)?

It is all ready to burn, I just need that question answered. And once again, thanks!

Edited by linx05

a firmware update may help

you can get that here http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1860 :thumbup:

although your discs say 16x on the packet/box , the drive is only seeing them as 4x max , the firmware may have a better write strategy for these discs

Edited by cornholio7

Not a beta? It's a beta by The Dangerous Brothers. Region Free.

Where is the link on http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1860 which links to the OptoRite page? And besides, I've already done that patch. Did it last year when it was brought up in the old forum.

So I should follow what ImgBurn says?

Edited by linx05

err... if you click where it says 'here' on that side in blue , what happens?

if you click on 120e what is the address on the file transfer window?

link.PNG

try burning them at the supported 4x speed

Edited by cornholio7

optorite raises its ugly head ,take no offense but I had an optorite and it was nothing short of crap,worked a little while ,RMA'd it got a new one ,new set of problems ,RMA'd that, different problems then thought if I keep banging my head off a wall whose going to cry first bought a NEC3500 and it works a treat currently I use taiyo yuden and verbatim and the NEC recognizes all the rated speeds of the media

• 3 weeks later...

the first optorite I couldn't set the region ,you would set it and then next burn you had to set it again with only 5 X tries for setting region I'd get 5 burns and that would be all .I dealt with Optorite Tech Support who were good about replying they gave me a different firmware for the drive but no good .Next one would set but had power buss problems rma'd that ,third one would only burn at slow speed on Ritek it was an 8x burner a friend who had the same drive burned at 8x on Ritek mine wouldn't .I decided to cut my losses and give up on optorite .I dont see them make any lists for being quality drives and with the price of DVD burners around the $50 mark its no use beating a dead horse I bought an NEC 3500 and its been great ,easy to flash, pretty good on firmware updates, nice burns ,works for me :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.