Program Memory Area Update Failure

brainiac

Sharing an experience from this weekend ...

I replaced an old drive over the weekend with an LG GH24NS70, used the same power cable, SATA cable and SATA port. But the drive is slow at the start of every burning process, kind of hang-up while buffering, and often shows this problem "Program Memory Area Update Failure". So I did a search from google and saw this error topic discussed as early as 2008 in the forum.

Since I'm using the same regular CMC MAG-M01-00 media from my local shop, and my write speed set to "AWS", the drive was burning at 8X as compared to similar drives from another PC burning at 12X, so I thought maybe I recheck the wirings. Then I found out that the power cable was not connected properly, I also decided to replace the SATA cable and even changed to another SATA port. But could my problem be simply the loose power cable connection? Anyway at least the drive is burning between 8X and 12X, problem solved, and I haven't seen the "Program Memory Area Update Failure" issue in the last 24 hrs.

Cheers guys! :drunk:

I guess you don't really know what AWS means/does :)

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4249

WOW Thanks LUK!

Actually I did guess it was "Auto Write Speed", but what I didn't know is that the speed settings can be manually saved. Cool!

Originally I thought the speed thing was auto-detect and pre-configured already to the ImgBurn program.

8X seems to be a good speed for my media, today will be my first day to use the "little green man" hehe :D

Thank you Thank you :huggles:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.