Successfully burnt disc could not be read by Explorer. Problem ?

Defenestration

Yup that's perfectly normal.

One is the handle is used for sending the I/O stuff. The other is for disabling MCN.

If you have autoinsert enabled on your pc, when you close imgburn it'll take those two handles out and the OS should spring into life and attempt to read the disc.

The two handles are actually also closed the second you click the 'ok' button after a successful burn / verify.

They're then opened up again straight away but normally that short moment is enough time for the OS to wake up and notice a change in the drive contents.

Opening / closing of handles is pretty much as single function that's common to everything. So if I delay it within the routine, it effects the entire program. I can't just delay it after a burn or whatever.

It's probably easier for you to just uncheck the option to disable MCN in the settings and test it that way.

Having any sort of handle open via SPTI methods seems to block the OS anyway. Especially if you put the disc in when ImgBurn is already open. How the OS responds to stuff actually changes based on what's open and when.

You might find you have less issues using ElbyCDIO or Patin Couffin. They work quite well asynchronously.

I've had a little mess around with where the 'Disable MCN' stuff kicks in, and basically moved it to the places that count rather than being active from the second the program is loaded.

So now it just disables it during write/verify/erase.

Once re-enabled at the end of a burn/verify/erase, I also refresh then drive handle (close / reopen). That makes Windows spring into action and read the drive - hence refreshing it properly. This all happens just before you click the 'ok' button to the 'operation successfully completed' messagebox.

It all seems to work ok on my pc, now to let the beta team have a little play.

Well it's been an ongoing thing since dvd dec days and since you're not the first / only person to mention it, I figured what the hell!

It was more important to stop the OS butting in back in dvd dec days because we'd both be trying to parse the filesystem at the same time. That made it take ages and occassionally even fail.

As ImgBurn doesn't have to deal with that, I see no problem on just disabling it when it really needs to.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.