Unrecognised Region Code

WeirP

Hi, I've used ImgBurn to create a .iso file from a DVD folder containing the necessary files for a DVD video. However, when trying to play the .iso file (after mounting it)in Windows Media Player (WMP) it tells me that it has the wrong region code. WMP was quite happy to play the files from the DVD folder. Anyone know how I can find the region code that is actually embedded in the .iso file?

Many thanks.

ImgBurn.log

Edited by WeirP

Anyone know how I can find the region code that is actually embedded in the .iso file?

There's no such thing.

Try playing the disc (mounted image) in the likes of 'Media Player Classic - Home Cinema' instead.

OK, Tried that. MPC says "Incompatible disc and decoder regions"

(MPC wanted me to install latest DirectX which I did. Don't know why my systems wasn't up to date anyway).

Thanks

P.S. Tried MPC opening the original .vob file and it was quite happy

Playing the VOB isn't the same as playing the IFO. The region checks will only take place when playing the DVD Video disc properly (i.e. via the IFO).

Your virtual drive might be emulating a region 1 device and the decoder might be set for region 2 (or vice-versa).

Make sure the virtual drive is set for region 2. (you can do it via DT's system tray tool)

Playing the VOB isn't the same as playing the IFO. The region checks will only take place when playing the DVD Video disc properly (i.e. via the IFO).

Your virtual drive might be emulating a region 1 device and the decoder might be set for region 2 (or vice-versa).

Make sure the virtual drive is set for region 2. (you can do it via DT's system tray tool)

Thanks. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to make any difference either with WMP or MPC. I tried clicking on the .ifo file (from the HDD not the emulated drive) and WMP was happy playing that. I have another .iso file that happily plays however, if I use Opti-Drive Control to look at the physical drive/disk it tells me that the .iso that won't play is a CD and the one that will play is a DVD-ROM. This is despite Windows explorer telling me that they are both DVD-ROM drives. The size of the .iso that won't play is just 140Mb, if that make any difference.

Oooooh, if it's a small image (less than 1GB in size), DT will emulate a CD-ROM rather than a DVD-ROM.

Mount the MDS that ImgBurn created rather than the ISO and you'll be ok. It'll force DT to emulate a DVD-ROM.

Ah ha! That worked. Thanks for the help. No wonder you're called LIGHTNING! Very speedy response and fix. Thanks again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.