Is ImgBurn ignoring Files?

DaveBurner

Hi,

I'm trying to burn a Video DVD, 3 Folders (AUDIO_TS, JACKET_P, VIDEO_TS).

For some reason, the JACKET_P directory is burnt empty.

(Burn Information-dialogue did not count the files)

I've done this a thousand times in the past, never a problem.

If I just burn JACKET_P it finds the contents ok.

Am I doing something wrong? Overseen an option somewhere maybe?

Best regards,

DaveBurner

By default, ImgBurn filters the files in the audio_ts/jacket_p/video_ts folders.

For jacket_p, it does so according to the info in this thread...

http://club.myce.com/f32/how-make-jacket_p-pictures-102533/

If you know of other files that are supposed to be in a jacket_p folder, tell me their names (and mention your source for the info) and I'll add exceptions for those too.

lol no, it's REALLY not the place to put extra stuff.

It's a sacred folder that's part of the DVD Video specs and should be used for the one purpose it was designed for.

No, ImgBurn hasn't changed, it's been filtering what goes into those 3 folders since day 1.

Make another folder and put your extra stuff in there instead.

Whether or not JACKET_P is "holy" or not, I don't know.

I had read somewhere, many moons ago, that this was the only place to put extra content as some players would complain if you put any other directories on the disc. Of course I can't find that posting now.

Anyway, thats why we started doing it.

Nevertheless, we have an archive of Video DVD's burnt with ImgBurn with all sorts of content in JACKET_P.

I always specify ISO, Joliet & UDF file systems & let ImgBurn correct it with the...

"Your image contains a VIDEO_TS folder... Would you like me to adjust the setting for you?"

...to which I reply "Yes", which gives peace of mind that ImgBurn has identified it as a Video DVD.

Up to now, the content was always burnt as desired.

Attached is a Screenshot of one. It was burnt with ImgBurn in October 2010. We have used nothing else for years.

Obviously, there is some loophole there.

Anyway, as Macbeth didn't say, "whether to JACKET_P or not to JACKET_P, thats not the question".

What is the question, is that content is being silently skipped.

I would suggest, at the very least, a dialogue to say that nn files are being skipped, Continue? yes/no.

Better still, a dialogue to ask whether to burn them or not.

post-32864-0-08299000-1312293078.jpg

My version does actually mention (in the log window) the files filtered out from DVD Video folders - it's probably new in what will be 2.5.6.0 though (I honestly can't remember off hand).

I just checked back to v2.4.0.0 and the jacket_p filtering is definitely in it.

You can turn off DVD Video filtering (hence why I said 'By default') but that then applies to the other 2 folders too and I wouldn't recommend it.

I try not to fiddle around with the options,

so I don't think i've changed "Filter Folder Content",

but at my age I wouldn't like to swear to it!

Anyway, its turned off now. :rolleyes:

I would still recommend some kind of dialogue...

...I don't think passively deleting folks data is the future.

Best regards,

DaveBurner

It isn't really deleting anything though is it, it's filtering based on your options. :P

Dialog boxes get annoying (I already have way too many), hence why the messages are just logged into the log window - which of course should be open all the time.

Filtered. Deleted. Pushing up daisies. Gone to meet their maker.

One way or another, they are ex-parrots. :santa:

I share your concern about the number of dialogue boxes though.

Maybe some lateral thinking is called for.

How about listing the number of filtered files in red in the pre-burn dialogue box?

Messageboxes don't allow that level of control.

You could use Advanced input mode if you want to see exactly what's being burnt.

Anyway, I assume you've either turned off DVD Video filtering now or will just remember that your non DVD Video content doesn't in fact belong in the JACKET_P folder - so you're all sorted.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.