creating iso

cc979

Maybe one day, there are certain things beyond my control that need to be considered though.

Hopefully not the same things that plagued your previous utility. I would imagine you could approach it like CloneDVD does, where it only works on unencrypted DVDs. If a user wants to do something more than that, then there are those helper apps that take care of that issue. Also, making CD images should of course be for straight data type CDs, not protected games.

Maybe one day, there are certain things beyond my control that need to be considered though.

Hopefully not the same things that plagued your previous utility. I would imagine you could approach it like CloneDVD does, where it only works on unencrypted DVDs. If a user wants to do something more than that, then there are those helper apps that take care of that issue. Also, making CD images should of course be for straight data type CDs, not protected games.

"approach it like CloneDVD does" - you mean like offer another product for sale that does the decrypting part? :D

"approach it like CloneDVD does" - you mean like offer another product for sale that does the decrypting part? :D

Well, LUK would not. My point is that there are already enough utilities that do that out there.

You could use build mode, pop your dvd in rom drive "non css dvd" choose iso 9660 + UDF and browse for the rom drive with dvd you wanna backup to iso and build image.

You should also be able to take your "non css dvd" and burn it directly to another disc,

bypassing the hard drive entirely. At least, I know of no reason why that would not be

possible. ImgBurn is a versatile tool. LUK's last response was somewhat facetious IMO.

He is too modest. Just experiment with the software and you will find it is able to do a

lot of interesting things that save you time and hassle. Great work, LUK!

nice tool btw - would it possible to create an iso from cd/dvd, would be handy

Nothing prevents you from doing this. Just open Build Mode, set the DVD drive

as your Folder source, and output to an ISO file. It should also work for you to

burn the files directly to DVD, bypassing your hard drive.

Of course, ImgBurn is not capable of circumventing any copy protections. You

are on your own there. Nothing stops you from creating an ISO or burning one

DVD to another. All of that should be very straightforward.

Yeah I was trying to do this with err.. something decryptor with a CD in there, but it would not work. I was hoping I could do it with ImgBurn, but when I selected the E:\ folder and clicked on Build. It would make a .MDS and a .ISO file but they would only be about 5 MBs.

The reason I was trying to make a .iso was because I was trying to use this program I bought a long time ago called Connectix VGS which lets you play PS1 and PS2 games on the computer. Sadly it only works on Windows ME and I have XP. So I had to use patches and Daemon Tools to even be able to mount the ISO if I ever got the ISO to work lol.

Very confusing... any way, is there a way to get around this problem? It shows up as 5 KB for each file, and I know that is not right. When I opened up the newly burned ISO file on my hardrive, there wasn't any files in it. It was just an empty image file.

Any help? Thank you.

Honestly? We could help but we can't as legal constraints against the author of this software (and admin of this forum) prohibit the discussion of circumventing copy protection or duplication of copyrighted material. I can tell you, however, that ImgBurn is not the software you need for this task.

Iso from files is an absolute godsend, and my 2nd contribution will be on it's way with thanks. :)

I sincerely hope basic iso creation of "ordinary" disks could one day be a possibility, fingers crossed.

e.g. The other day I wanted to copy a bootable linux live cd. I will try using the boot cd guide, but I don't understand enough about the process to know if the file order matters for this type of disk.

Best wishes.

Honestly? We could help but we can't as legal constraints against the author of this software (and admin of this forum) prohibit the discussion of circumventing copy protection or duplication of copyrighted material. I can tell you, however, that ImgBurn is not the software you need for this task.

Rats! Well thank you any way. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.