Acronova robot infinate loop at end of disc reads

stacks

This may be a problem of my Acronova robot not being supported but then I may have missed a simple switch option to help me.

I have a Kodak USB unit made by Acronova and in the style of the Nimbie except it is very heavy duty. It works nearly perfectly with the Nimbie driver except at the end of reading the batch of discs it "loads" a non-existent disc then quickly "unloads" it and does that infinitely until I kill ImgBrn in Process Explorer (Win XP).

When I try this via the Auto Loader Control Self Test the same thing happens. Is there a switch to stop the loop after X fails?

Not sure if this is relevant but the Auto Loader Control lists the Device as as "Generic Kiosk Ver:0.05" with no reference to Kodak or Acronova or Nimbie or Pioneer.

Thanks for any ideas

Edited by stacks

Sure, at the moment, your device isn't supported.

Load the program.

Press the F8 key to enable I/O debug mode.

Bring up the autoloader control feature via the Tools menu.

With *only* 1 or 2 discs in the input bin, set the self test going.

Once it's loaded/unloaded those two and then started moving non-existent discs, turn the autoloader off - hopefully that'll make ImgBurn error out and you'll be able to cancel the operation.

Then click File -> Save As in the log window and save the log to a file.

Upload the file here on the forum for me to look at.

If need be, I'll forward it on to Acronova and see if anything can be done.

Does your autoloader make a com port in device manager?

Does your autoloader make a com port in device manager?

Oh sorry, no it doesn't make a com port. The device does appear but is un-categorized in Device Manager as a device called "Disc Autoloader" with a sub section of "Generic Kiosk".

Hope that was what you were wanting.

Thanks Again!

ok and do you also have a BSRobots18.log (well, BSRobots??.log) somewhere on your system now?

Normally it would be in the folder with ImgBurn.exe but it could be elsewhere if it didn't have permission to create it.

The only error I can see in your log is in this line...

D 19:18:51 BS_Robots_LoadDrive - Drive ID: I, Source ID: BIN_ID_DEFAULT, Source Type: POSITION_TYPE_INPUTBIN, Extra Action: 0, Return Code: 499

D 19:18:51 BS_Robots_GetMessage - Robot ID: 0, Message: VID_1723&PID_0901:5D230315, Return Code: 0

...and I assume that's just from where you turned the unit off.

ok and do you also have a BSRobots18.log (well, BSRobots??.log) somewhere on your system now?

Yes, just found it and truncated it for that same time (attached)

...and I assume that's just from where you turned the unit off.

Yes, that's right (truncated again as didn't want to bother you with the repeats).

BS_Robots18.log

Our engineers have reviewed the log files. Typically, after the disc is loaded, the robot would send a #OK# back, then indicate either low on discs or out of discs, but it seems the robot did not even reply with #OK# for the last three rounds after the disc is loaded.

Can you ask the user to reboot the systems, then try it again? If the issue still occurs, please send us the log files.

So can you do as requested (turn everything off and on again) and provide new log files please?

The bsrobots log will be #19 today... it's always 'BSRobots[todays date].log'

They did ask how you came across the autoloader in the first place though?! It's supposedly an OEM machine only available in kodak kiosk systems and was never released on the retail market!

Haha, really? I purchased it second hand from a fellow in Greenland; I didn't know it was not a retail product. I expect though that there must be tens of thousands of them around the world that will be coming onto the second hand market.

The body on mine is made from folded powder coated 2mm steel sheet and the guides and mechanism are made from 3mm chrome plated steel. Its the most Military Grade CD/DVD robot I've ever seen so I expect that there will be many of them around for a long long time to come :D

So can you do as requested (turn everything off and on again) and provide new log files please?

Thanks Lighnting, logs attached.

I let the robot loop for a few iterations but as ImgBrn would not respond to my attempts to close it I had to power down the robot; this gave me the MS "Program Not Responding" pop-up -then I agreed to shut the program down.

Hope this makes sense.BSRobots20.log ImgBurn.log

I'm only seeing one successful 'BS_Robots_LoadDrive' attempt in that ImgBurn log... and nothing else?

Ideally it would be a log from another 'self test' where you've got 2 discs in the input bin and you leave it running the self test for 4 cycles of it loading discs - so 2 would be successful and 2 'should' fail (but don't).

When you load the program, don't press any of the buttons or go into any of the 'modes', just leave it on the Ez Mode picker screen and then bring up autoloader control via the Tools menu.

It's best to delete the bsrobots20 log before starting so it's clear and only contains exactly what ImgBurn has done (tried to do) during that one session.

Thanks Lightning, I thought I did all that but on reflection perhaps Killing ImgBurn had the effect of not allowing the creation of a NEW ImgBurn.log

I ran it all again, this time with the Self Test and 2 discs and then with the Reader and 2 discs.

Procedure as follows and log files attached:

Delete BSRobots20.log

Delete ImgBurn.log

Open ImgBurn

Power up robot

Searching for autoloader devices (tray opens and shuts)

Device not ready (medium not present)

DVD Drive discovered and chosen

F8

Tools>Drive>Auto Loader Control>Self Test>Yes

Tray out, drops Actual Disc to tray, tray in, tray out unloads Actual Disc, tray in, drops Actual Disc to exit.

Tray out, drops Actual Disc to tray, tray in, tray out unloads Actual Disc, tray in, drops Actual Disc to exit.

Tray out, drops Phantom Disc to tray, tray in, tray out unloads Phantom Disc, tray in, drops Phantom Disc to exit.

Tray out, drops Phantom Disc to tray, tray in, tray out unloads Phantom Disc, tray in, drops Phantom Disc to exit.

Perhaps one or two more attempts (red font in Auto Loader control reading "Self testing Auto Loader 1..."

Power Down robot, wait several minutes.

Error PopUp:

ImgBurn

Auto Loader Error!

Funtion:B5_Robots_UnloadDrive

Error Code:499 (0x1F3)

Interuption: Hardware error.

Cancel>OK

F8

Exit

Delete BSRobots20.log

Delete ImgBurn.log

Searching for autoloader devices (tray opens and shuts)

Device not ready (medium not present)

DVD Drive discovered and chosen

F8

Choose Read

Tray out, loads Actual Disc, reads to HDD, tray out unloads Actual Disc, tray in, drops disc to exit

Tray out, loads Actual Disc, reads to HDD, tray out unloads Actual Disc, tray in, drops disc to exit

Then the Phantom Loads/Unloads begin (obviously with no writes to HDD) and usual messages of:

Loading media into drive...

Waiting for drive to become ready...

Rejecting media from drive...

Power Down robot, wait several minutes with static message of Rejecting media from drive...

Error PopUp:

ImgBurn

Auto Loader Error!

Funtion:B5_Robots_UnloadDrive

Error Code:499 (0x1F3)

Interuption: Hardware error.

Cancel. wait a few seconds.

Error PopUp:

Device:\\?\usbstor#cdrom&ven_pioneer&prod_dvd-rw_dvr_-111d&rev_1.23#061000000711&03{53f56308-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}'

Reason:The system cannot find the file specified.

Cancel

Cancel

F8

Exit

Hopefully that is all valid now -fingers crossed!

BSRobots20 Self Test with 2 Discs.log

ImgBurn Self Test with 2 Discs.log

BSRobots20 Actual Reading of 2 Discs.log

ImgBurn Actual Rading of 2 Discs.log

Oh right! So when the disc gets ejected it just stops at the end of the little claw type things?

Do you have to remove the disc straight away or can you let all 25 pile up?

Yes, the disc is dropped onto the slide. The opening of the draw after each drop helps to push each CD onto the slide and they pile up to about 4 or 5 before they start overflowing.

I have actually taken the slide off and just place the end above a CD container (the slide, rubber feet and weight balance are set up for this) and they happily float down and stack up to whatever height you want (had a pile of about 50 so far with no problems).

Its very simple -which is always a good thing with mechanics.

The only drawback over a picker would be lower radius disc sizes can't be used and perhaps very thin discs may fail (although I haven't had one feed incorrectly yet).

Thanks again for all your help Lightning :)

Edited by stacks

• 2 weeks later...

I've added a little routine to detect (I hope!) the issue you're having and abort after a couple of failed loads.

That's great! Do I just download a new BSRobots20.zip or will it be coming out in a new version of Image Burn?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.