Earthquake

dbminter

About that 5.9 magnitude earthquake that hit the East Coast of the United States. It was even felt here where I live in Kentucky. While I didn't feel it where I live, elsewhere in town, my mother felt it where she worked at a hospital. It's been about 10 years since I last felt an earthquake here, but, I remember it vividly. I was sitting in front of my computer and suddenly, I wasn't sitting in front of it anymore! :) I have an office chair with wheels on it and the shaking moved by chair and turned me away from the screen. I thought, at first, someone had sneaked into the room and turned me around. :lol: I started immediately complaining to what turned out to be no one in particular. That's when I later learned it had actually been an earthquake. Kentucky is near a fault line and, for decades, they've been saying a major quake could occur at any time. :unsure:

This is just weird, I never though the East Coast was known for seismic activity. Also the epicenter of this quake was somewhere in VA, but VA isn't on any fault lines... Anyways, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, since I hit the phones for the first time in my tech support job. We are already behind because damn union workers decided to go on strike so that alone set us back, now this oh and there is a hurricane that will possibly hit Florida, though I deal with only small business dsl customers but that will change in a month or so when we are transitioned over to the fiber-optic services, and the routers/switches are mainly based in Florida for the telco I support.. We shall call her 'Berizon'... ;)

Tomorrow is just gonna suck! :(

Edited by Rincewind

You probably didn't feel it at ground level. Here, I didn't feel it, but on floors other than the ground at the hospital, they felt it. Same story in Indiana. If you were at ground level, you most likely didn't feel it, is what they reported on the Evasnville local news.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.