Wilma Grows to Category 2 in Caribbean

kirk1701™

hey everyone, power was turned back on today and cable and the internet came on also .This was my first hurricane and I somehow expected something more like the pictures from last year with Charley .There were some high winds and no rain from the first front of Wilma that I managed to sleep through untill my sister called yelling that they were evacuating West Palm (they weren't ) the eye then passed over and it was really calm and then the winds started again from the other direction .There was plenty of damage, all the fencing on three sides of me was down, transformers knocked down, trees broken and toppled construction trailers mangled, and the bar on the corner had the roof collapse but being true party animals they continued to drink and run generators to keep the beer cold :lol::thumbup: all the traffic lights were out and the people were great ,didn't see one accident ,everyone stopped and took their turn at the 4 way streets .I have a big Honda generator and we ran 5 houses off it so we had lights ,refrigerators, DVD's ,of which I have a good collection :blush: and I made a cable that I could power the electric water heaters so we had hot water for showers. I'm back to work full tilt mostly repairing damage at schools so they can re-open Monday although I don't think they will . All in all it was OK, being prepared was the trick ,stock up on canned goods bottled water and stuff like that and you're ok .There are many places that are still without power and FEMA brings ice ,water and some small boxes of food that were basically snacks .Good to be back and thanks to all who were concerned :thumbup:

thanks man, got the word today ,don't look for any days off including weekends for the next month or so I don't know if I'm glad about the extra $$$ or not I'm on day 9 without a break and feeling bone tired already :sleeping:

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.