Fast error skipping

AnotherLife

The main problem I have with Imgburn is when I try to backup some of my old scratched media or old safedisc games. It takes ages, even after setting all retries to 0. I have to constantly try to copy folders and files one by one ...

Can you please introduce some kind of "intelligent error skip" like in other programs ? So after an error it can skip ahead a configurable number of sectors until it reaches the end of the "bad blocks region". Or maybe some method to skip ECC checking ?

Considering the wealth of options, I'm confident that you'll add this :teehee:

EDIT: Or allow the user to set a region of sectors to be ignored (skipped and replaced with dummy bad sectors in the image)

Edited by AnotherLife

There's just no point in doing anything more than I've already done (allowing the configuration of software and hardware retries).

SafeDisc is obviously a form of copy protection and ImgBurn will never do anything to get round that.

For the odd few discs that are genuinely damaged and cannot be read by normal means, there are purpose built programs for the job - e.g. IsoPuzzle (as mentioned earlier)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.