DiscProducer support, auto-error skipping

pjDVD

I'm trying to restore backups from a multitude of data DVDs made over the last 5 years. Using a recently purchased Nimbie with QQBoxx Pro software on a freshly installed Win7 box is producing execrable results. System stops every 4-5 disks, typically w/o meaningful errors. Using Imgburn with Nimbie gives much more robust error messages, yet will still stop too often due to read or seek errors on DVDs being read back. Yet the same DVDs read w/o errors on 3 other PCs of varying vintages. I would prefer not to use the extra step of unRARing the ISO images, but since QQBoxx Pro is so fragile accept that as a necessity. I will be installing Imgburn on a Vista box to drive my Primera BravoPro today and seeing if results are better. I'm very impressed by the robustness of the ImgBurn interface and very explanative logging.

Request #1:

Can support be added for the Epson DiscProducer PP-100 in the future? I own one of those as well, and have thousands of data DVDs to read back into hard drive arrays. That would double or triple my DVD read rate.

Request #2:

Can error-handling/ignoring be expanded in the auto-read function? Specifically, when ImgBurn hits a read or seek error, an error appears that requires manual intervention to Cancel, and then to Delete the ISO file it was trying to create. Since I'll have to manually handle all the rejected DVDs at the end of a run anyway - it would be MUCH easier if I could let the system run overnight and trust ImgBurn to skip all DVDs that have read or seek errors, i.e. auto-cancel the ISO creation in a completely unattended manner. I realize that out of 100 DVDs there will be 2-3 that may have a bad file. This would just allow the read-a-stack-of-100 process to continue unabated overnight.

Request #3:

Somebody else mentioned the possibility of creating a blank all 0's sector to replace a read-error sector. I would like to just skip the file and continue with the next file after N read errors. I don't think doing the same thing for a seek error would work, as it can't figure out where the file continues or the next file is located - but I don't know if that's true.

Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.