mdx image file context menu

Blaz

MDX is not available in options for context menu, but it is added to context menu (when program restarts), also when mds is unchecked.

Also ImgBurn 2.5.6.0 can't burn MDX and therefore the integration to shell is not necessary.

Edited by Blaz

ImgBurn doesn't associate itself with MDX files.

What you're seeing is probably a result of an MDX burning program using a single generic registry key to deal with all of the files it supports... so when ImgBurn adds itself for a different format, it's being included with that one too.

It is writing itself into DAEMON.Tools.Pro\Shell and that is the problem. Still you should find another way to implement the shell command and not just write into there.

As you also write into .iso\shell why not just doing it that way.

It has to add itself to whatever's the current default application (basically treated as a redirect) because otherwise it doesn't show up as an option in the menu.

If DT used something like DAEMON.Tools.Pro.ISO\Shell for .ISO files then it wouldn't be an issue.

They have their way of doing things, I have mine.

So I'm sorry but this is by design and I don't plan on changing it.

Still you should only write into necessary key and not into .iso\shell when you actually need to write into redirected key. Of course write there when no redirected key is there.

Edited by Blaz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.