DVD-R Failed Burn

LoneSky

I was trying to back up a concert DVD I bought. I used DVD Shrink 3.2 to get my Video TS folder. The original file was too big (there was a red part in the top bar). I deleted some components (mostly the 5.1 audio parts) to get the bar to show all green. I attempted the burn twice without success. Attached is the Log. I sure would like to know where the problem is.

Thanxx guys for any help,

Lonesky

LogFile (13.10.\'11).doc

Get a new burner? That's exactly what I intend to do! Matter of fact, I have already ordered an ACER 3D HD Blu-ray burner (external) that also burn all DVD formats. (This is coming from the U.S.!). Until I get my "new toy", I'm trying to make a copy (for myself) of a DVD on a short loan, & this 2nd. attempt has also failed [see attached log]. While ALL previous attempts to burn onto DVD-R (that's the only media I've had) have not been a problem, these last 2 failed attempts have mystified me. Is the problem somewhere in the Video_TS folder I'd generated with DVD_Shrink 3.2.0.15 ? Or is the log showing/indicating a problem of incompatibility of the media I was using (VERBATIM DVD-R 4.7Gb) & the burning h/ware?

Oh, one other thing about the mechanics of this Forum: How do I configure the settings to notify me, by e-mail, when I get a reply? This used to happen before, but anymore now (and I haven't changed anything anywhere).

Thanxx, guys, for your help & expertise,

Lone

Failed_Burn #2.doc

Common, experts, give us "neophytes" a bit of clue! What does a "crashed burner" imply? That is has had it, or what? Is this a hardware or software issue? This might help me understand better? IF somebody is sure the hardware has "broken down", then I won't bother wasting any more time with it until I get my "new toy". So, Cynthia, or any other experts out there [how about you, Lightning, you're the "Godfather" of the program!], is this where the problem is?

I'm trying to make a copy (for myself) of a DVD on a short loan, & this 2nd. attempt has also failed [see attached log].

You could do another rip in DVD Shrink and leave it on your hard drive until your new burner arrives. Return the DVD and burn it later.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.