LabelTag option

mekabe remain

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a LabelTag option to use with iHas drives on the ImgBurn ?

Another possibility might be adding an option to not finalize disc after data write finished. Because LabelTag software requires an unfinalized disc to operate.

Any one of the above 2 options would be great !

Thanks.

Another possibility might be adding an option to not finalize disc after data write finished. Because LabelTag software requires an unfinalized disc to operate.

You don't say what kind of discs you're working with here, but FWIW there is an ImgBurn option already (that I've never used) to not finalise DVD+R discs at end of burn.

Tools | Settings | Write | DVD+R Finalise Disc (Minimal Radius)

Might do what you want. Note the tooltip advice for this option.

(PS: I'm not sure why ImgBurn doesn't give us a "Don't finalise" option for other kinds of disc ... I'm forever getting unfinalised CD-R audio compilations from friends with Macs, where it almost seems to be the normal stance to not finalise .. for some benighted reason.)

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to bring this thread back up, but I'd like to second this request to add LabelTag capability to ImgBurn. BTW, LightningUK, LabelTag does work on CDs, DVD-, +, DVD-DL, & DVD+DL. Unless adding this capability would seriously bloat ImgBurn, I'm all for it. Thanks.

• 4 months later...

In my opinion Labeltag is a nice feature, but a hack. It adds a second session that doesn't contain any actual data content, but references the first session. This confuses "burn" quality measuring software like Nero Disc Speed. Anyway, it adds unnecessary complexity to the task of simply burning an "image" in a Lightscribe-like fashion. (btw, didn't Labelflash allow you to write on the data side, too? I never tried it.)

This is how a Labeltagged disc looks:post-9476-0-53395800-1337224384_thumb.jpg

(btw, didn't Labelflash allow you to write on the data side, too? I never tried it.)

DiscT@2 is a part of Labelflash technology — burning on bottom side (data side) of disc area which is not used by data is possible with any DVD±R media.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.