Device not ready (Medium Not Present) ??????

niras

I dont know what my problem is.... the program finds my drives. But when I put a dvd in it.. it dosent seem to find it. I have tried 2 diff kind of dvd... some I know work in the same drive when using other programs. Maxell and Verbatim both DVD+.... I have never used your program before so I dont really know what the problem is... :'(

Nicolas

Could you please copy + paste everything from the 'Log' window.

If the drive can't read the discs and initialise them properly (as would seem to be the case here), you need to:

1. Ensure your dvd drive can actually burn dvds - not just read them.

2. Ensure your dvd drive is running the latest firmware version.

3. Try some other (better) discs. Brand name means nothing, you need to go by the dye type used.

As I wrote I tried 2 diff dvd's and normaly I dont have any problems with either.

Log for my imgburn:

I 16:08:11 ImgBurn Version 1.3.0.0 started!

I 16:08:11 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 16:08:11 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:08:11 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:08:11 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

I 16:08:11 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

i don't know how you don't normally have problems writing a dvd when you don't have a dvd burner.

this is why it is saying medium not present

I dont know what my problem is.... the program finds my drives. But when I put a dvd in it.. it dosent seem to find it. I have tried 2 diff kind of dvd... some I know work in the same drive when using other programs. Maxell and Verbatim both DVD+.... I have never used your program before so I dont really know what the problem is... :'(

Nicolas

IMGburn burns ISOs and doesn't READ anything so if you're trying to watch your DVD's with IMGburn its never going to happen

you want to watch your DVD's on the computer ? You need a program such as Power DVD or Windows Media Player or the free program Media Player Classic I think its called then you can .You can also download Daemon Tools and watch your ISOs on the hard drive with it .Its a virtual drive :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.