One-click "Copy Disc" function needed

svs95

I realize it's possible to copy discs in a 2-step process by creating an image file then burning it. However, when copying large numbers of different discs (as I sometimes have to do), it's really best not to have the process interrupted, requiring user input, waiting and watching.

Would it really be that hard to automate this procedure so that the user could input source and destination options at once? Then one could disregard ImgBurn until the entire process is complete - a much more efficient use of time.

Many thanks in advance for your kind consideration. I would be happy to beta test this feature if you should choose to implement it.

svs95

If you are dealing with large number of discs, consider buying an autoloader.

There are a few and ImgBurn can work with Acronova/Primera/Vinpower.

Thanks, but in my case I think that would not help. I'm making a single archival copy of a large number of source discs.

Also, my margins are quite small, so I can't make capital investments in new hardware at the moment.

I mean, look at Nero Kwik Burn and other free optical media authoring software. They ALL have a one-click copy function that simply copies from a source drive to an image file and thence to a destination drive, without waiting for user input. If so many people offer such a feature in free software, it must not be a massive code writing chore. I really like some of the other features of ImgBurn, and this is the only thing keeping me from using it regularly.

svs95

Wow! Thanks for that link. I'm downloading now. I'll post back with results. Even if this works, my request still stands. Having to rely on two freeware developers in order to have the tools to do one simple job is not my preferred path forward. ;-)

svs95

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.