video and dvd-rom files image

errupin

Hi!

I have in my hard disc the files of a dvd backup that not only include the files inside VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS , but also some more DVD-ROM folders and files. When I try to make an ISO image using the new "build" option, it says that it is imposible to find any place for the layerbreak, but if I use only de video files in VIDEO_TS it finds a good layer break cell. What am I doing wrong? isn't it possible to make an ISO image that contains more files than .vob, .ifo and .bup with a suitable layer break information? thanks for help.

Errupin.

How big are these files exactly? By that, I mean the total size of the DVD-ROM part.

Could you get me a screenshot of the layerbreak dialog box when you don't add the DVD-ROM content?

I guess the DVDROM files are shifting it too far and so no cells can be correctly aligned for a layerbreak.

Hi! DVD-ROM part is 67 MB. I guess you are right since it works if i do not include a couple of files, but as soon as I add the last two files the error message appears. Anyway, how can this happen if all the files where inside the original DVD? I am surprised...

They might put those files after the DVD Video content.

I've just added an option to ImgBurn so you can do that too. Normally the folders are just added in alphabetical order etc.

Enabling the new 'Force Video Content First' option will move the AUDIO_TS / JACKET_P / VIDEO_TS folders + their content to the front of the disc.

They might put those files after the DVD Video content.

I've just added an option to ImgBurn so you can do that too. Normally the folders are just added in alphabetical order etc.

Enabling the new 'Force Video Content First' option will move the AUDIO_TS / JACKET_P / VIDEO_TS folders + their content to the front of the disc.

Will this option be available in next version? i could not find in the current version. By the way, should not it be switched on by default? thanks and congratulations again for your work.

It will be in the next one.

At to whether it should be switched on or not.... well that depends on the files you're building an image from!

There could be occassions where you need:

1. The DVD Video content before the DVD-ROM stuff.

2. The DVD Video content mixed in with the DVD-ROM stuff.

3. The DVD Video content after the DVD-ROM stuff.

Each disc could be different so it's really down to the user to decide what works best for the image they're trying to build.

All 3 options are now possible within ImgBurn v2.1 (not out yet!).

I default to the 'Mixed' one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.