DL DVD plays on computer, but not on dvd player - any ideas?

THEO

I currently have the Plex 716 and the BenQ 1655 installed and they both give excellent burns under ImgBurn...that is when I'm not being cheap and buying bargain basement discs to experiment on....however they are good targets for my potato cannons after I burn to them.........=))=))

Hi I'm new to this idea of making DVD's. My wife bought a DVD that is designed to play on TV's in the UK. It will not play here in the US. I thought that when I copied it to my hard drive and set the region to US that after it was burned I could play it here on the TV. I still have the same issue that I was having with the original. It will not play. Any suggestions?

Hello.

I followed your guide for how to burn DL dvds using imgburn.

The dvds burn without errors and play fine on my computer, but when I put them in my dvd player they get an error signal.

my dvd player plays dl dvds produced professionally, and it will play single layer dvds I burn on my computer. but it will not play DL dvds burned on my computer.

I am using verbatim dvd+r dl media and a sony dru-700A DVD/CD rewritable drive.

any ideas about what is going wrong?

thanks

Perhaps try to use the DVD-R. It has a wider compatibilty range with commercial dvd players. I have had occassions where a +R does not play on a particular player but the -R does

Perhaps try to use the DVD-R. It has a wider compatibilty range with commercial dvd players. I have had occassions where a +R does not play on a particular player but the -R does

I would have huge reservations about using -R DL disks. Put simply, don't do it.

Furthermore, a booktyped +R is the closest thing to a DVD-VIDEO around in terms of reflectivity and compatibilty.

Regards

Hi I'm new to this idea of making DVD's. My wife bought a DVD that is designed to play on TV's in the UK. It will not play here in the US. I thought that when I copied it to my hard drive and set the region to US that after it was burned I could play it here on the TV. I still have the same issue that I was having with the original. It will not play. Any suggestions?

Like Spinner says its a PAL /NTSC thing .The US uses the NTSC format and UK uses the PAL format and unless you have a setup that will play PAL ( not common in US )you're out of luck .You can convert PAL to NTSC a long drawn out proccess that in my opinion is not worth the time and effort .Google PAL to NTSC

Like Spinner says its a PAL /NTSC thing .The US uses the NTSC format and UK uses the PAL format and unless you have a setup that will play PAL ( not common in US )you're out of luck .You can convert PAL to NTSC a long drawn out proccess that in my opinion is not worth the time and effort .Google PAL to NTSC

\

Thanks to all who answered. My wife bought the DVD through E-Bay. the seller was in the UK. It is a ballroom dance teaching DVD and I can't find it here in the US anywhere. So I guess that we're SOL. Thanks again. Greg

I am having this same problem. Here's my cut and paste of the field on the right when I put in a burnt CD having this problem:

SONY DVD+-RW DW-Q58A UDS1 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 892,848

Size: 1,828,552,704 bytes

Time: 198:26:48 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x

Physical Format Information (ADIP):

Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00

Book Type: DVD+R

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00

Book Type: DVD-ROM

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 1,089,455

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Any ideas?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.