Shutting down PC with ImgBurn open

alister

When I try to shutdown the PC & I've left Imgburn running in the background, the first window to be closed is the log window

then I get the ostrich warning & before I can react I get the windows force shutdown overlay.

I think that the wm_quit and wm_close are getting mixed up? wm_close is an x press whereas the wm_quit is from windows itself?

Windows is supposed to send the WM_QUERYENDSESSION and WM_ENDSESSION messages to the application when shutting down/logging off.

ImgBurn handles both of those and makes the log window aware that a close event is to be expected.

I haven't looked into what's actually happening when that ostrich warning is displayed when it shouldn't be - shutting down is a pain.

edit: I have looked into it a bit more now (with the help of a virtual machine) and it seems Windows is sending those messages to the log window directly before sending them to the application as a whole.

I will tweak the handling of such messages to workaround the issue.

Windows is supposed to send the WM_QUERYENDSESSION and WM_ENDSESSION messages to the application when shutting down/logging off.

ImgBurn handles both of those and makes the log window aware that a close event is to be expected.

I haven't looked into what's actually happening when that ostrich warning is displayed when it shouldn't be - shutting down is a pain.

edit: I have looked into it a bit more now (with the help of a virtual machine) and it seems Windows is sending those messages to the log window directly before sending them to the application as a whole.

I will tweak the handling of such messages to workaround the issue.

Thanks - I had to rebuild my PC after I changed drives and I've decided to ditch Nero (just so much bloat) and I'm liking ImgBurn

Glad I could help - I'm not a programmer but a server manager & shutting down is a real pain at times

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.