Soon to burn home made 50gb Blu-Rays

BlizzardUK

Back in the dual layer DVD days I found using Verbatims was the only way to ensure a working disc. Is there any such issues with 50gb Blu-Ray media ? I just bought some TY ones, not got them yet. I wondered if the situation was the same at the 50% mark of some media working and some not when it moves to the next layer ?

Does IMGBurn handle 50gb blu-rays fine ? As I will be using it all the time to burn any ISO's I create. The discs will be home made via Nero Vision 11, I am unsure if this makes any difference.

Hopefully I haven't been conned, but this is the spindle I am told I am getting and that they are TY brand, although no mention of this on spindle photo.

51zl86L7IoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by BlizzardUK

There are some BD media scans in the 'Drives' section (only for Blu-ray drives obviously!). Have a look and see how various ones performed.

I didn't test many DL discs... and certainly not any Taiyo Yuden ones. The cdfreaks/MyCE forums might have a few though.

If it is any help I can do some stability tests when I get them, I have also ordered a RE 50gb disc along with them, and the new Pioneer 206 BD drive. But I am presuming IMGBurn does have the facility to burn some 50GB discs ? Just so I know, thanks.

By the way, while I am here, I am trying to erase a Sony BD-RE 25gb disc, on my LG GGW-H20L. I keep getting the below errors at the same point (tried a couple of times, virtually an identical time it fails)........

I 21:33:11 Operation Started!

I 21:33:11 Device: [3:0:0] HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L YL07 (L:) (ATA)

I 21:33:11 Media Type: BD-RE (Disc ID: SONY-ES1-002)

I 21:33:11 Media Supported Write Speeds: 2x

I 21:33:11 Quick Erase: No

I 21:33:11 Format Properly: Yes

I 21:33:11 Format Size: Preferred

I 21:33:11 Format With Full Certification: Yes

I 21:33:11 Format Without Spare Areas: Yes

I 21:33:11 Erasing Disc...

W 22:03:49 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (37%, 0/4) - Format Command Failed

E 22:03:51 Failed to Erase Disc! - Reason: Format Command Failed

E 22:03:51 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:30:39

Edited by BlizzardUK

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.