Unwanted "Feature" in 2.5.6.0

Toreadore

A new feature was introduced into the 2.5.6.0 version of ImgBurn: "Prevent Read mode from being used to create (useless) image files of multi-session/track DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray discs and suggest using Build mode to create a new image based on the contents of the disc instead."

Having used previous versions of ImgBurn in batch file controlled command line mode for months, this new feature seems to block me from creating ISO files, stopping the procedure with an error message,created by the above feature.

My batch file, which worked like a charm before, looks like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\imgburn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /SRC S: /DEST C:\S_IMAGE.ISO /SPEED MAX /OVERWRITE YES /EJECT YES /WAITFORMEDIA /START /CLOSESUCCESS

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE WRITE /SRC C:\S_IMAGE.ISO /DEST S: /SPEED 4X /EJECT YES /WAITFORMEDIA /START /CLOSESUCCESS

In short, this creates an image file from a DVD, and then writes a DVD copy of that image as soon as blank media is inserted into the burner.

I am not sure how the above "feature" improves imgBurn, but I had to revert to previous version to make my batch procedure work again.

Any solution, so I can use the newest version of ImgBurn?

Toreadore

It improves it by creating a disc that actually works properly.

You can't magically turn a multisession disc into a single session disc by pretending those other sessions don't eixst - which is what it did before.

All you end up with when you do that is a new disc where only the data from the first session is accessible. Stuff in later sessions doesn't exist at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.