can't create image file from disc

Gramof3

When I try to create image file from disc (WITH 2 DIFFERECT DVDS) I get message "Sorry using Read mode to create an image file from a multi-track DVD-Rom disc is not currently supported. Instead us Build mode to create a new 'clean' image based on the contents of the disc. When I change the mode to build, I get the message there is nothing to build! I'm trying to copy a disc I made from the TV. One ran without commercials for 1hr and 30 min and one was 24 min for 9 days (a study program).

• 4 years later...

I was faced with the same problem and did not find the answer here very helpful!

First why the Create an image from a disk returns in some cases the need to use build? Then when one clicks on Build the diagram ceases to make sense!

Then the Destination panel shows strange information of which one can't pick the source that contains the disk to image!

However after selecting "build" from mode, If one goes to the next tab "input" and selects "standard" the panel then become a panel to chose your source input!

If one is lucky the "standard" input is already selected so one would not know what this is all about. but for anyone curious enough and perhaps for future reference when faced with the wrong panel, just try to select "advance" under "input" then you'll know. 

I'm sure some people must shake their head knowing what this "advanced" function is designed for, so be it but I don't, and found it very confusing. 

I am not forgetting this is a free and very helpful software for which I'm very thankful - However it does not alter the pain one is confronted with when trying for hours to move forward. 

I read your post many times but my level of English can't put an order in it to understand it.

I'll try to answer to some questions that I was able to extract from your post.

Why sometimes need to use build mode to create an image fo a disc? - That is answerd by the prompt: Sorry using Read mode to create an image file from a multi-track DVD-Rom disc is not currently supported

Then the Destination panel shows strange information of which one can't pick the source that contains the disk to image! - The Destination panel is to set the path to where you save the image not the place to "pick the source that contains the disk to image"

For advanced function you should read the Guides - http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/6392-the-imgburn-functions/?p=66439

Thank you very  much for your effort trying to help me. Perhaps your level of English equate my level of understanding this technology, actually your English level is better! And you did answer most of my concerns

As a beginner who seldom uses that program and so may remain a beginner for ever; all I wanted from the program was to put my dvd in the drive, open Imgburn, Click on create an image from a disk and expect to see my source dvd rom. and under destination see a default or a way to chose a destination.

But Multitrack is said to be not compatible and so we are urged to choose Build mode. This is where I had problem because I don't understand the Advanced option that I have never used and possibly will never use either.  Why this option (under input) comes first sometimes, instead of Standard  I don't know. It would be easier if "Standard" showed up first and let you know that for other  purposes to pick up  "Advance" under "input" 

Perhaps my post is not very clear because the whole thing is not very clear for me. I have used it before and actually did come across the need to use "Build" but may have been lucky then to get the "standard" panel so proceeded copying my dvd without any problem!

In the old day I used two cd rom to copy my source cd to my blanc cd unto the destination cd rom....Hmmm I think I may be speaking of floppy drives! that's how old it is.  I have two DVD rom now but I don't think this can be done any more - One has to create an image then pick up the image to burn onto a blank dvd!   

Thank you again and  I also read  the link you put, this link is more elaborate than the one I followed before that had no mention about using "Build" or advanced option. 

PS English is also a second language for me although I have been in Australia nearly 1/2 a century! (47y) 

The program remembers which 'input' mode was last used and that's the one that becomes active when you change to build mode.

Both methods still have the two distinct 'source' and 'destination' boxes.

The 'source' when you're in 'advanced input' is just more configurable (and visual).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.