How unlucky can I be !!

BlizzardUK

I decided not to use TRAXDATA or RiDisc or any Ritek branded Blu-Rays as I got fed up with the infamous "1-year and your discs are dead" situation, so I buy 50 TDKs feeling proud and happy that I have a proper brand of Blu-Rays coming to me, and the blooming code happens to be RITEK-BR2-000, arrggghhh. I thought TDK would of used a higher quality media. So should I be worried ? Or do you think things have changed now and those media code discs are now okay to use ?

I thought TDK would of used a higher quality media.

Not in a long time. TDK stopped making their own optical discs years ago, and has been handed off to third parties like Ritek who slap the TDK name on said discs. Although with BD-R discs, I have seen some logs where the code *IS* actually TDK, so I can't really explain that. I think your best bet is still probably to stick with Verbatim discs for BDR discs as well.

I haven't yet jumped into bluray disc burning. The biggest question I have is BDR and BDR-LTH discs, but it appears lately nobody is talking about LTH anymore. *shrug*

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.