CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SampleGrabber) Failed! - Reason: Class not registered

parkbenchbruce

Hi,I looked at the problems and I had the same problem as Sammy

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=16967&st=0&p=127620&hl=class%20not%20registered&fromsearch=1entry127620

I'm attempting to use the program for the first time and I'm getting an error message when trying to write an audio CD from a BIN file using the associated CUE file. The error message says "CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SampleGrabber) Failed! - Reason: Class not registered." I've tried about ten different files (downloaded from different sources), but the result is the same for each one. Here's my log:

I 08:22:11 ImgBurn Version 2.5.5.0 started!

I 08:22:11 Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195 : Service Pack 4)

I 08:22:11 Total Physical Memory: 392,740 KB - Available: 184,760 KB

W 08:22:11 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 08:22:11 Initialising SPTI...

I 08:22:11 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 08:22:11 -> Drive 1 - Info: SONY CD-ROM CDU311 3.0j (D:) (ATA)

I 08:22:11 -> Drive 2 - Info: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-118L 1.02 (E:) (ATA)

I 08:22:11 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM and 1 Unknown!

E 08:22:49 CoCreateInstance(CLSID_SampleGrabber) Failed! - Reason: Class not registered

I am running Server 2008 for which Imgburn is one of the only solution - great product. I looked at the suggestion to download the latest Dvix which I did and it did not work. I was trying mp3 files created by CDA to MP3 converter.

These were audio of a music CD to play in the car. I do complilations. Any other solutions. It also says no device driver present.

Thanks

This isn't a bug, your OS just doesn't have what's required for audio decoding. (I'll move this thread to the correct place - 'Support')

Installing the full DirectX suite may fix it. If it doesn't work, google for 'SampleGrabber Windows 2008' or something.

btw, if you're running Windows Server 2008, why does it say Windows 2000 Pro in the log? Don't mess with the compatiblity options on ImgBurn.exe.

This isn't a bug, your OS just doesn't have what's required for audio decoding. (I'll move this thread to the correct place - 'Support')

Installing the full DirectX suite may fix it. If it doesn't work, google for 'SampleGrabber Windows 2008' or something.

btw, if you're running Windows Server 2008, why does it say Windows 2000 Pro in the log? Don't mess with the compatiblity options on ImgBurn.exe.

Thanks,

The log was from the query by Sammy - mine was similar apart from the Windows 2008. I tried the full DirectX (too late at night I think I put in Dvix in message)

I looked up SampleGrabber

There is no quedit.dll on Win server 2008 ! So no sample grabber, nor null renderer....http://www.progdigy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4814

Looks like I am out of luck, thanks for fast reply. Still Imgburn is a great product

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.