Combine the File/Folder Selection Dialog

kxkvi

Often, when I'm using "Write files/folders to disc", I'll want to select a group of files and a group of sub-folders simultaneously. In Nero, this is easy, and I'm used to being able to do this.

I'd prefer to use ImgBurn for this purpose, but the file/folder selection dialogs give me trouble. I can click on "Browse for a file" easily enough, and the dialog allows me to select a range of files. However, if I also highlight the sub-folders I want to add, ImgBurn doesn't add them. Instead, it forces me to subsequently "Browse for a folder", and then when I do so, it only allows me to add one folder at a time. On a large project, this gets kind of time-consuming, and very inconvenient. For example, earlier this evening, I was assembling a large project that consisted of 571 individual files and eleven sub-folders. With a unified file/folder dialog like Nero employs, I can just highlight the entire range of files and folders, and be done with all of it in a single action. Instead, I had to add the range of files first, and then add each individual folder, one at a time.

Why not unify the files/folder selection dialogs? It just seems to make sense, and it certainly saves a lot of effort when you're working on a complex project.

Regards,

Thomas

The browse boxes ImgBurn gives you are all that's available in Windows in the form of standard 'common dialog' boxes. If Microsoft ever added one that lets you select files AND folders at the same time, I'd implement support for it in ImgBurn.

Beyond that, do as Cynthia said and use Advanced input mode - where you'll then get an Explorer style pane you can drag+drop from.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.