Burning profiles

timeless

just thought l would add this suggestion.

basically having burning profiles.. for example l make allot of setting changes to burn my Xbox XDG3 backups however l revert the settings after a burn, having the ability to create burning "profiles" would be useful if it could allow changing of specific settings between what l would normally use for normal disks (DVDs) and what l would use for burning backups from my own games, in essence allowing us to save a profile of all our settings and being able to change quickly between a bunch of preset settings made by the user if they burn other disks under different settings if that makes sense.

You don't need to change any ImgBurn settings really, just perhaps a drive eeprom setting - which of course is nothing to do with the program itself.

If you really want to mess with ImgBurn's settings too, configure it how you want it, shut it down and then export the registry key. Do that for all your 'profiles' and then import the right one before you load the program.

Alternatively, use ini files and pass the one you want to load as a parameter in a shortcut.

lve found that some ppl are getting rings burned into their disks under certain settings.. one or two ppl suggest allot of changes in settings for example turning off "burn proof" others suggest turning off the OPC checks as well as a host of other settings, which is why l thought the suggestion was somewhat interesting.

Edited by timeless

Regardless of the 'burn proof' setting, it's always on. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be able to pause the burn and start it up again (and you can). That's just how the LiteOn drives work (and possibly burning DVD+ format discs in general).

OPC made no difference in my tests. I did quite a few if you look at the iHAS124 thread in the drives section.

All the other program settings people mention (buffer size on 71 - 73 etc) are rubbish. I've read and laughed (to myself anyway) at most, if not all of them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.