[Build Mode] - DVD can only be read in the drive it was burned with.

seven

I'm having a very strange problem.

When I create a DATA dvd with imgburn I can only read the DVD from the drive I burned it with.

The DVD is not readable on any other PC.

The DVD is not readable even on the SAME PC (different drive)

It is only readable on the drive it was burned with.

Its a very strange problem.

However, I don't have this problem with vSO CopyToDVD.

I'd love to get his fixed in imgburn.. I've been waiting so long for this feature :)

Edited by seven

and when you say 'not readable', what exactly do you mean?

Do you mean Windows give you an error when you try to access the disc?

If you load imgburn and have it use your 'other' drive in verify mode or something, can it see the disc? - i.e. does the panel on the right fill up with info? If not, what does it say in the statusbar?

and when you say 'not readable', what exactly do you mean?

Do you mean Windows give you an error when you try to access the disc?

If you load imgburn and have it use your 'other' drive in verify mode or something, can it see the disc? - i.e. does the panel on the right fill up with info? If not, what does it say in the statusbar?

OK when I put the DVD in my other drive on my PC or on any other drive on my other PC's, I get the message saying "Windows Cannot Read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows."

But if I use the drive that I burned the DVD with, I can access the data and everything is perfectly fine. No corrupt data exits as I checked with my MD5 checksums for the files.

When I load the dvd in my other drive with imgburn (verify mode) I get this info:

JLMS XJ-HD166S DS1A (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 2,281,418

Size: 4,672,344,064 bytes

Time: 507:00:68 (MM:SS:FF)

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Book Type: DVD-R

Part Version: 5

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,478,025

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

---

I also don't have the log file for the burn, and I don't want to waste anotehr dvd-r but if you need me to do it I will. But what I can say is that the DVD burned with no errors and everything was successfull. I tried with UDF filesystem and also with ISO9669+Joliet. Im using Windows XP Pro on all my systems.

Edited by seven

Sounds like a burner issue. There are burners with stupid proprietary features that render the discs only playable on them. Usually features designed to eke a few extra MB's out of some burnable space.

Like I said above, everything works prefectly fine with VSO CopyToDVD. So in other words I don't have this problem with that software :(:'(

Also means my burner is fine if problem doesn't happen with other software :(

Edited by seven

when I Google your Lite On JLMS XJ-HD166S it comes up as a DVD Rom not a burner .Theres a load of threads on this Model and they are pretty much all negative,or at least the firmware, your firmware was to increase playability issues with the drive .Suggestions to clean the laser lens brought mixed reviews

I guess you need to post what burner you burned the dvd's with and what media you're using and like its been said you should post a log, thats what provides info everyone needs to look at

The burner i'm using is the Nec 2500a DVDRW drive

and my media is authentic Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's.

Never had any problems with this burner/media.

And my LiteOn DVDrom drive is wonderful. No problems with it at all.

Like I said, the DVD is not being read in any other drive on any other PC. Not just "LiteOn" drive. :(

And most importantly.. everything works fine with CopyToDVD :(

But I love ImgBurn more :(

Edited by seven

PROBLEM SOLVED! :D :D

I flashed my firmware on the Nec ND-2500A to some modded firmware I found for the NEC ND-2510 and it worked!

Now this problem I am having is GONE.

But still I don't know why imgburn had the problem and copytodvd was working... but who cares now because it works!

Yes!!!

Thanks!!

I love you IMGBURN :D

It's now the best burner for me :P:D:):P:D:P:thumbup:

Edited by seven

Great :thumbup: I have a 2500 myself so maybe you could post the link to the firmware .I haven't used it in awhile I use a 3500 with awesome results

Yep :)

I got the firmware from here: http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/2500/

On my 2500a I used "Dee's ND2510 modified firmware 2A5C" - "Orig" (Because I don't know what "Fast" or "RPC1" are).

It worked for me. And fixed my problem :)

A big thanks to Liggy and Dee from CDFreaks :thumbup::D :D

Edited by seven

Great :thumbup: I have a 2500 myself so maybe you could post the link to the firmware .I haven't used it in awhile I use a 3500 with awesome results

On my 2500a I used "Dee's ND2510 modified firmware 2A5C" - "Orig" (Because I don't know what "Fast" or "RPC1" are).

Fast - Unlocked ripping speed, I think it is locked to 2x by default (don't hold me to that!)

RPC1 - Essentially the drive is region free, thus meaning you can play region dvd

Fast - Unlocked ripping speed, I think it is locked to 2x by default (don't hold me to that!)

RPC1 - Essentially the drive is region free, thus meaning you can play region dvd

Good to know.

thanx B):)

Edited by seven

yep its locked at 2x in default

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.