Freeware photo printing program?

dbminter

I need some recommendations for a freeware photo printing program. Basically, all I want to do is print standard sized photos out of the JPG's my camera saves images as. Also, I'd like to be able to fit how many of those standard size photo will fit on a page and print them out all at the same time. I've no idea what a standard photo size is. 4 x 6? I've been manually changing my printer to 4 x 6 paper but I only know how to get 1 image at a time on the page. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

That doesn't help me. I don't use Windows default applications to view images. I use Vueprint. I tried the Windows Live thing but I never saw a way to import files into it except by connecting my camera to the device. I didn't try beyond that, which means I didn't try! :lol:

Well, I actually tried hooking up the camera via USB and testing out Photo Gallery. It's okay. It lets me print at letter size, which is apparently 4 x 6 as I thought. 2 of them fit on a standard printer page of paper. Photo Gallery isn't exactly subtle. I have to manually delete the images that are imported otherwise C: would fill up with images. I don't use the default Windows locations for that reason. When you restore Windows, and you WILL restore Windows ;) you only get data that is accurate at the time of the image.

Select the images you want to print via a normal Explorer window, right click, click print. That should be pretty much it.

That doesn't work because I use Vueprint. It just opens Vueprint for each file in a new instance. That way you describe apparently only works if you have Windows Photo Viewer as your default image application. I know of no way in Vueprint to print more than 1 image to a single piece of paper.

I'll just use the Windows Photo Gallery. As I said, it's very blunt, but, at least it does the job and does it for free. :greedy:

Ah sorry, I didn't understand what you were getting at before when you mentioned vueprint.

You could always add another content menu entry that invokes the MS print feature.

I believe the command is as follows:

"%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe" "%SystemRoot%\System32\shimgvw.dll",ImageView_PrintTo /pt "%1" "%2" "%3" "%4"

Of course that's easy for me to say... I don't know how l33t your registry skills are though ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I sometimes miss the obvious. :doh: There's an Open drop down menu on the Windows Explorer top bar. Windows Photo Viewer is one of the options available even though I have VuePrint set as my default graphics viewer. I can then use Photo Viewer's Print option to print to 4 x 6 size.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.