primera bravo ii

keepsake

Oh damn, you'll have to enable I/O debug mode via the registry then (when ImgBurn isn't running) so it's enabled when their SDK is initialised as the program loads up.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=59&&do=findComment&comment=972

Run/import the registry file in the above post (#6) and then load ImgBurn.

Hopefully you should then get the 2 debug files from the SDK (unrelated to ImgBurn) in the logs folder.

I guess I can point out that I had no issue whatsoever with the SureThing CD printer software and it worked just fine with the Bravo robotics and labelled 8 discs fine.

Robotics seem fine.

I did not burn any disc on the Bravo today or recently.

I need to add a post, so as to trigger an auto-email when you post next. Please don't just acknowledge this posting as it will then toggle back to 'no' auto-email when and if you do get an answer.

I know I can email Primera myself, but there may be others lurking, waiting for a solution too. So I wait here.

I don't know how many folk that will wait 2 weeks plus for maybe another excuse or put-off from Primera. I have learned one thing from your thread here -- you care, ImgBurn cares -- Primera couldn't care less. I will certainly never buy another Primera product again.

As it happens, I had a reply from them last night but hadn't had a chance to relay it back to you...

They said...

Is this drive connected via Firewire? It looks like it is in the log. Have they tried running this machine via PTPublisher? It looks like the internal drive in the computer has a problem with PTRobot and so it is failing the enumeration. Have they tried another computer?

I will reply to them confirming it's a firewire connection to the drive and USB to the robot (as I already asked you that question) and perhaps link them to this thread in case they're interested.

As for their other questions, perhaps you could answer those when you get a minute. Thanks.

What'did I tell you!

This is a waste of time... Why couldn't they just answer your/my question about the error code?

fyi: I put up with years worth of problems with text being chopped on the printing, never a solution from Primera. I final was forced to move it from the win2k machine to an XP SP2 Home, and MAGICALLY all the printing problems disappeared. I have 100s of bad discs because Primera told me that win2k was fine for an OS. Hogwash.

I will just trash this Bravo unit.

btw: The ImgBurn I have on my main machine crashes maybe 3 times a day, only when I drop files from Windows Explorer into the Disc Layout Editor window. Maybe once per 100 drops. I just restart the app and move on. This has been the case on this PC for over a year now, all versions I have updated though did it. In your estimation is this worth your time to work on?

To be fair, they did answer the question about the error code, I just didn't mention it to you - and that's my fault.

Apparently the documentation is wrong. PTROBOT_INVALID_DRIVE is actually the default return value if it can’t resolve the drive.

We really need to get the log files to determine what’s going wrong.

At which point I asked you to provide them (the debug/trace ones).

As for the crashing, if there was ever something concrete that would enable me to reproduce the crash, I'd do it and fix it asap. It's very hard to fix something I can't reproduce.... I've tried and failed several times. If you aren't already doing so, make sure you tell the program to send me the crash dump.

I've been told you have an original Bravo unit that was manufacturered in August 2003.

I understand this model hasn't ever been supported by PTRobot (going by a quick look through the software archive) so I'm afraid you're out of luck.

There's a version of PTBurn (from 2005) that may work with it but that would be via totally different software (whatever you used before I guess).

I must have got lucky when I picked my unit up from ebay - I certainly didn't know anything about certain models being unsupported at the time and just went for one that was a great price!

I've got one of their Nimbie USB units. They're the only ones supported by ImgBurn AFAIK. Yes, they work with ImgBurn's Batch Read mode.

What exact Nimbie USB model did you design the ImgBurn around, i.e. what's the one you own there?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.