My ImgBurn story

sgravn

Dear teampersons,

I've had a crappy couple of days. I was nearing a breaking point trying to view some DVDs - checked out from my library - on my computer. They're foreign films, and I want internet access while I watch them so I can do things like look up words, but I also don't want to listen to my noisy drive for ninety minutes while I'm trying to be cultured.

I wasted hours of my time with over a dozen applications, some of it uncooperative proprietary software, the rest poor hacks and abandonware. The mounting frustration was literally making me sick, sitting through protracted, quiet processes only to find that my file was corrupt, or the subtitles couldn't be accessed, or god knows what else. Once, MagicIso even dumped the file in a temp directory and on the wrong partition. This, after finding out the hard way that MagicIso's "make ISO" function defaults not to .ISO (!!!) but to their own special format - which they have the nerve to call universal! That was it. I'd had it.

And then I found ImgBurn.

I can't tell you how much of a relief it has been to use ImgBurn. Usage is easy and obvious, messages and notifications are cute, output is verbose, and while I'm given a phenomenal amount of control, I don't need it, because - I think I'm gonna cry, here - ImgBurn is polite. What? You just went ahead and identified my spacious external drive so you can dump the file there with the same label as the DVD without me having to do anything? And you care enough about me to let me know when I haven't decrypted the disc before I start ripping it? I don't even have to re-open the ripping window when you're done?! My goodness gracious. I want to marry it, but it's not a real boy.

I could not be more pleased. In a world of software which makes me tear my hair out with its clumsily, ignorantly, or even diabolically designed interfaces and behaviors, this program is an absolute gem in a sea of organic fertilizer. Thank you, thank you, thank you so very, very much for making my day today.

Most sincerely,

-Stu

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.