Multitrack Blu-Ray

BlizzardUK

When I create a blu-ray in TMPGEnc Authoring Works I find I can't make an ISO from them in IMGBurn as it says it is a multi-track blu-ray so can only create a bin image. Can someone explain to me what a multi-track blu-ray is ? When I create multiple episode blu-rays in other software it is fine, so I don't think it is just down to the fact more than 1 episode or movie is on the disc. What I do find different in TMPGEnc is that it allows me to change the bitrate and resolution for each video file (but not the PAL/NTSC format), where-as other software doesn't. Is this the difference ? Is multi-track as compatible as single track ?

Thanks for any help !!

It all comes down to the disc info written to the box on the right. If the DVD/BD disc is shown to have multiple tracks, you're currently blocked from using Read mode.

Can't you have tmpgenc output to a folder and then burn that in ImgBurn?

Failing that, do as it says and add the drive letter of your optical drive to the 'Source' box in ImgBurn's Build mode and make a new 'cleaner' ISO.

I've had no experience of multi track DVD/BD discs so that's why they're currently handled the way they are. It might actually be possibly for me to relax Read mode's blocking mechanism for this kind of disc.

Thanks for your help. You are right that I don't need to read from a disc made in TMPGEnc as I can make it create a folder, I think I can even make it create an ISO too, but I started to make them via direct to blu-ray so it was just about older discs I had created. Now I am creating a folder and burning with IMGBurn, as I type in fact.

There is a 14 days trial of TMPGEnc Authoring Works, obviously depending on if you have time and how your research process is, but maybe worth doing a quick test on there to see ? Obviously I don't mean for my benefit, but just if it helps you know more about the format. Looking at the STREAM folder it seems very similar to normal track blu-rays. What I have noticed in TMPGEnc is that on the left you have "add track" and you can do that or just put them all within the first track, but it won't let you change each video's separate bitrate if you have them within 1 track.

Here is link to demo : http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/taw5.html

Well the good news is I just tested back the IMGburn ISO and it works fine, as expected.

Thanks !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.