Burn Audio CDs Without CUE Sheets

Is there ANY way that ImgBurn can simply drag & drop files to burn to an audio CD and be able to set a 0 sec gap between tracks, as well as CD-Text the way that Nero does?

It would be VERY helpful (creating the CUE sheet is just a PITA).

I can understand needing to have the appropriate plugin for file type (flac, wv, ape, etc)

Thank you! :)

• 1 month later...

Ok, a month gone by an no response?

I *love* ImgBurn, but absolutely will not use it to burn audio CDs, it is too much of a PITA. I would very much like to know why the d-n-d method (and be able to set 0 sec gap and CD-Text) can't be enabled in it. It would make it the *only* burn software necessary.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there ANY way that ImgBurn can simply drag & drop files to burn to an audio CD and be able to set a 0 sec gap between tracks, as well as CD-Text the way that Nero does?

That's be a nice thing to have, but bear in mind

• It's "not so long ago" that ImgBurn couldn't do anything at all with audio (Red-Book) format CDs - it was originally pretty much focused on simply burning DVD and CD data discs (and doing it very well).

• LUK eventually added the current CUE-sheet-based method for handling audio disc creation in 2.4.0.0 (and souped it up a bit later), and it's rather nice to use when you want a lowish level of detailed control over the disc construction - but yes, most folks would agree they sometimes could use a quick'n'simple burner tool.

• You know you can just drag'n'drop audio files (.mp3, .wav) onto the 'Create CUE File' window, yes ?

• I daresay that given enough free time LUK might even write a "simpler" drag'n'drop UI as an alternative (for the same sort of reasons "EZ-Picker" mode was added for those who found the normal menus difficult) - but LUK's mostly more interested in the DVD side of things, and available time is no doubt packed with other coding demands.

• If it was an open-source tool then yes, perhaps some other interested programmer might contribute some drag'n'drop UI code ... but it's not, it's LUK's own private project that he gives away, and we can be glad it's there :)

PS: I usually just use 'Burrrn' when I want a quick'n'dirty audio disc burner : http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.