CD music titles on car stereo

hollywood

I have a 2006 Lexus that can display the CDs Title and Track Names on the center console screen. Some pressed CDs and some burned ones show this info and some don't. Ones I burn often are from a folder that is built from tracks that are files named after the tracks, some are preceeded by numbers indicating the track order, all using ImgBurn's Create CUE button.

What info do you think the car stereo reads that allows it to display the track names? After using the CUE button, I press Quick OK. If the files in the box are the song names, my assumption is that I should be able to change a default setting (in ImgBurn) so that my car stereo displays these names. Also, I am just talking about CDs, my car does not play MP3s or the like.

Any idea where I should start?

Thanks for any help!

Thanks. I played with it a bit this morning. If you press on the CUE icon, a window pops up. I clicked on the folder icon, went to the dir with the files, hit CTRL-A, then OK. It anylized the files and they were listed in the window. If you click on the CD-Text "TAG", it puts the info in for Performer and Title. What I didn't realize was that it was for the current track only. I then tried to figure out what the Default CD-Text buttons did. I soon realized that these buttons need to be selected prior to selecting the tracks in the folder and anylizing, but they would fill in the info for all of the tracks.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Another thing that confused me was that even the CDs that I made without CD-Text still came up with a match in iTunes, so I figured the info was there somewhere and that maybe it was because of a wrong file file system (like UDF or whatever that I don't understand). Knowing where to look and playing a bit with ImgBurn, I figured it out. THANKS!

If you select the session item in that window and then click one of the CD-TEXT options, it applies that option to all the songs in that session.

The top level disc item is different because the disc has its own CD-TEXT info (album name etc) - selecting a certain CD-TEXT option at that level therefore *doesn't* then also apply it to all sessions / tracks within those sessions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.