Weird drive behavior: tray closes when I remove disc!

dbminter

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memorex also uses Ritek for their BD-RE. That's some good news. No longer using CMC. Hopefully, they'll keep this upward trend and return to where they were when they used to use MCC for their DVD+R and DVD-R, as well as quality CD-RW, 4x in the ancient days, and that they use MCC for their 24x CD-RW.

Got my replacement Lite-On iHAS 224 Lightscribe SATA DVD burner today and have installed it. The initial test is looking good towards this drive working. :D I ran a read test on the Lite-On non Lightscribe SATA DVD burner before installing the iHAS 224. Average Read Rate: 8.7x Maximum Read Rate: 12.2x Operation Time: 10:49 On the same disc in the iHAS 224. Average Read Rate: 8.7x Maximum Read Rate: 16.0x Operation Time: 10:48 I even got a higher Max Read Rate on the iHAS 224. The 224 I returned was reading at half the rate of the Lite-On non Lightscribe SATA DVD burner. :thumbup: I won't know for sure until I can get a couple of Lightscribe MCC 16x Verbatim DVD-R's burned under my belt to see if they crap out during Verfiy. :unsure:

I've burned 2 Verbatim MCC DVD+R DL's and 2 Verbatim MCC Lightscribe 16x DVD-R's in the replacement drive. Usually, the DVD-R's would crap out by now, burning 1 and then failing on the next. So, I'll see how it continues to go.

Yep! Sony has definitely let the quality slide on the PS3 if the new slim line specs are true! :rolleyes: They're replacing the slot loading drive with a top loading drive! The PS1 had one and there was a reason why they replaced it in the PS2! Top loading drives just aren't as good as tray loading drives. Not that the PS3 has a tray loading drive, actually. It's just front loading.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the front bezel no longer reattaches itself to the case! :angry: Someone told me that Dell's have fine forms. :wink: They don't! You shouldn't have to remove a bezel to put in an optical drive! The bezel buttons just inhibit access to the eject holes and the drive lights! So, I've no choice but to use the Dell without the bezel attached.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.